I just got my curve and I am wondering if they charge text messages to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bacon no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

8320 IM clients free to use?

Advertisement

I just got my curve and I am wondering if they charge text messages to use the service. I have unlimited data plan.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by bacon View Post
    I just got my curve and I am wondering if they charge text messages to use the service. I have unlimited data plan.
    Depends on your carrier - T-mobile does - but some may have text messages included in the plan - I think Alltel does that. Check with your carrier to be sure.

UPDATE: You're T-Mobile - they have a separate charge for text messags - it's about $6 or so a month I think. Otherwise it's either $.15-.25 a pop - something like that. I don't subscribe so I don't know the cost for sure.

Also, check into a product like Jivetalk that allows instant messaging and uses your data plan to transmit them.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 07-26-2008 at 11:42 AM.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    What plan do u have? Tmo minutes and mail includes sms messages, but the bb data add ons do not.

However you will find that most IM applications use data, not sms as it works better. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bacon no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    I have the myfaves with unlimited blackberry internet. So I don't have any text messaging. Jive talk is nice tho, I was just hoping to use a program that is in the phone. Thanks for the help

khaddem no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by bacon View Post
    I have the myfaves with unlimited blackberry internet. So I don't have any text messaging. Jive talk is nice tho, I was just hoping to use a program that is in the phone. Thanks for the help
    i have Tmobile and a bb curve with unltd data with 400 txt msges per month. Tmobile charges for the txt msge but not for the IM prgms like yahoo, msn, google talk etc,,, because of the unltd data. Also, since u have a bb pearl, u can use bb msger using your pin# to communicate with any bb users worldwide for free.
    Just my 2cents

dasudevil no está en línea Stack level 2
    khaddem, careful i thought the same with the messenger. Love to chat with that. I thought it would not count towards text messages however it does may want to clarify it with them. I was on the same plan 400 a month and when i found out it was not included i had to pay an xtra 50 bucks. I do about 750-1000 between customers, wife and friends.

so now i updated to unlimited for an xtra 5 bucks i think. its been a while.

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5
    i believe the im clients with tmos 8320 were free when i had it because it used the internet not an sms client, cal into customer serice ad ask them they will have a better answer for you for sure. even though im pretty positive thats the case

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dasudevil no está en línea Stack level 2
    i could be wrong. it wont be the first time today. :P

szumlanski no está en línea Stack level 2
    You can always send an SMS for free by email if you know the recipients carrier:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMS_gateway