Hey everyone!!! I'm hoping someone can help me with the problems I have encountered with ... BlackBerry Curve forum

smcsween no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile 8320 help please :(

Advertisement

Hey everyone!!!

I'm hoping someone can help me with the problems I have encountered with my new phone.
    This BB 8320 was purchased through TMobile and I bought it off of craigslist to use with Fido (my canadian service provider).

Here are my issues:

1) I am getting a W010 error everytime I try to connect to my linksys router

2) I do not see the option, "I want to create or add an email address. " when trying to set up my email address with the set up icon

3) I am also receiving the error message, ""This BlackBerry is registered with a different service provider. Please re-register this BlackBerry and verify the URL matches the one provided by your service provider" when trying to register it online... apparently I need to have the pin zeroed out on the BIS account.

I've tried searching for the answers throughout the forum and have been unsuccessful in finding an answer.. any help would be greatly appreciated so I could finally enjoy some of my phones capabilities.
    Thanks in advance

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Issues number 2 and 3 are actually tied to the same problem. You will need to contact the original seller of the device and have them contact whomever they used for cellular service to release the pin from the old BIS account before it can be tied into a new account. They may have closed the cellular account down but there have been instances of the PIN staying tied to the old BIS.

Zo

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    What you will have to is wipe the handheld and load your carriers software on that device. That's the reason why you are getting a lot of those errors. Once you load your carriers software you won't have to worry about the. Last two issues. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I just contacted the person that I purchased the phone from and they said it was brand new and never registered previously so I am not too sure how the pin would be still tied to the old BIS. Also, he mentioned something along the lines of Fido not supporting the email service.. I'm soo confused.

how do I go about wiping the handheld and loading my carriers software?

Bluebell Wood no está en línea Stack level 3
    Is your BB service with Fido activated?

When I got my BB I did not have a 'I want to create or add an email address' option until my service was activated. Upon activation I received a NEW email set up icon.

Not sure about your wifi problem though as I do not have wifi.

I didn't know I needed to activate my blackberry with fido.. well actually, I tried to do this online by inputting the PIN number and IMEI code but was not able to do so since I was getting the ""This BlackBerry is registered with a different service provider. Please re-register this BlackBerry and verify the URL matches the one provided by your service provider" message

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    You will have to activate BB service to have access to the email setup. I didn't realize it wasn't already active in my original post.

Zo

Bluebell Wood no está en línea Stack level 3
    You have to purchase a Blackberry Internet Service plan with fido.

I am assuming your BB is unlocked.
    Last edited by Bluebell Wood; 04-12-2008 at 06:36 PM.