Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

OK, I switched to T-mobile yesterday, got the 8320 and I am loving it, subscribed ... BlackBerry Curve forum

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

8320 H@H; it does work but one issue

Advertisement

OK, I switched to T-mobile yesterday, got the 8320 and I am loving it, subscribed to the H@H service and it works great, but they advertise "seamless handoff of voice or data calls between cellular and Wi-Fi networks"..this is not what I am experiencing. As soon as I leave the WiFi range it just drops the call, then EDGE and GSM coverage show...4 bars.
    Yes, I have it setup automatic, etc..great GSM reception in the area.
    Anyone experiencing this issue? I tried with another H@H (nokia) phone...same issues..any ideas?
    </SPAN>

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: 8320 H@H; it does work but one issue

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~not sure why its doing that to you, no problems on this end.

rw5579 no está en línea Stack level 3

Are you using a WIFI router that you previously had, or a new one from T-Mobile? I've heard of this with older routers having a bad handoff~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i think I read somewhere that they are supposed to fix that issue sometime this week I could be wrong though

I am using the TMO linksys router

tacbb no está en línea Stack level 1

I was having the same problem until I reset the router and removed all power to it. Then I fired it back up and the handoff was SMooOOOOOOooooth. No more dropped calls.

I also had the TMO Router.

Good Luck

will try..thanks

tacbb no está en línea Stack level 1

Let us know if you had any luck.

Reset settings on router, reboot...that did the trick..thanks!

MrNeef no está en línea Stack level 2

i tried resetting my router and it still does this...it will start out the call on UMA then mid thru the call it will go to EDGE, no interuptions, but seems like my minutes getting used...When I get off the call, it will switch back to UMA

hwnstyle21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31C83C17

Quote Originally Posted by MrNeef
    i tried resetting my router and it still does this...it will start out the call on UMA then mid thru the call it will go to EDGE, no interuptions, but seems like my minutes getting used...When I get off the call, it will switch back to UMA
    Check your minutes usage.. It should not be coming out of your bucket of minutes. This is an upside to UMA calling. IF the Call is initiated or received while in UMA mode then the call is free, no matter if you go about your business and it switches to the Towers/EDGE. I've made several calls already to test this and nothing has showed up under my minutes usage. (I'm learning to initiate calls before I leave the house)
    BB 8330 w/ SERO Voice Only, BIS, N/W @7pm, Pick3, Unl Text via Credits: $30 +$5 (Unl Incoming) + $7 (TEP)
    Pin: 31C83C17

MrNeef no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by hwnstyle21
    Check your minutes usage.. It should not be coming out of your bucket of minutes. This is an upside to UMA calling. IF the Call is initiated or received while in UMA mode then the call is free, no matter if you go about your business and it switches to the Towers/EDGE. I've made several calls already to test this and nothing has showed up under my minutes usage. (I'm learning to initiate calls before I leave the house)
    really?

So as long as it starts in UMA it doesnt matter? Does Tmobile confirm this or does your monthy bill? Heh

jeffsaha no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241EE28B

Not sure if tmo themselves confirm this but one of the employees at a tmo retail location where I purchased the curve said that's how it works, as long as you stay connected through the wifi handoff

Blukrystlz no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    Askme4it

okay, i have a question.

i have a linksys router at home for my pc and laptop, my Tmo rep said i wouldnt need to buy the TMO router i can use mine. Just that the difference would be my router would look for my pc first then my phone, wheras the TMo router is for the phone.

well my question would be, i hear alot of people talking about UMA, i have not seen this on my phone at all.
    When i am home it says T-Mobile - My Spot, which is my router, so i see that it works. But i dont understand the uma thing, can someone shed some light on this for me....pirdy pleaseeee?
    ~Blu~

Blukrystlz@pinstack.com

mws222 no está en línea Stack level 1

anyone have an issue where the call will initiate over wifi, and last for about 5 seconds or so and then completely drop. I've been messing with the router for awhile and have had no luck, not sure if its a router issue or what.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast