I just got the 8320 and am trying to figure out how to get the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ohmiss no está en línea Stack level 1

8320 GPS operation

Advertisement

I just got the 8320 and am trying to figure out how to get the gps to operate. When I go to "options" "advanced" GPS it shows GPS Data Source NONE. I am not able to refresh or see the last fix. I know nothing about this other than what I have been reading on this forum. My original intention was to subscribe to a third party provider so I could use this feature not only when I was driving but when I was staying in a city I knew nothing about (I'm a flight attendant and stay in a lot of cities I know nothing about). Is there something else I need to do to activate the GPS?

kutrack1 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: 8320 GPS operation

i believe you need to purchase a seperate bluetooth gps reveiver.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Indeed you do need a GPS puck to use GPS on the 8320.

hpak no está en línea Stack level 3

Sorry the 8320 has wifi, but no internal GPS. You'll have to add a GPS puck to use the GPS function or get a 8310, which has an internal GPS, but no wifi. I decided on the 8310 as the GPS feature is more useful for me, but you'll have to decide what benefits you the most. Wifi or GPS.

Aloha,

~H~

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thank you. I already have the 8320 so I guess I need to get a puck (whatever that is - more research!) I used Google maps yesterday in BWI but had no voice directions so started off in the wrong direction out of the hotel. Once I got headed in the right direction I was okay but the voice prompts would have saved a whole lot of time!

Oh and by the way. If the 8320 has GPS capabilities why won't it work without a puck. I know someone with ATT who has the Curve 8320 and doesn't need a puck. Is it because T-Mobile doesn't support GPS (yet they have it on their phone). Sorry if it's a stupid question, but I am confused.

surfanimal no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by ohmiss View Post
    Oh and by the way. If the 8320 has GPS capabilities why won't it work without a puck. I know someone with ATT who has the Curve 8320 and doesn't need a puck. Is it because T-Mobile doesn't support GPS (yet they have it on their phone). Sorry if it's a stupid question, but I am confused.

AT&T has the curve 8310, which has GPS but no wi-fi.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Quote Originally Posted by ohmiss View Post
    The 8320 actually does not have GPS. It has support for GPS over Bluetooth which is why it shows up in the maps menus. As the previous poster stated, the 8310 on at&t has GPS.

8300 - Camera
    8310 - Camera and GPS (Model available on at&t in the US)
    8320 - Camera and WiFi (Model available on T-Mobile in the US)

And so far, the only stupid question is the one unasked. Being confused and uninformed is not an issue as long as you are (as you shown you are) willing to ask and learn.

Zo