Hey Krad can this be converted into 3gp or it has to be avi? The reason is that avi seems to take up alot of memory on card. Do you have any other suggestions???

Quote Originally Posted by Krad View Post
Hey, I just posted this in the multimedia section, but figured it was cool to post here as well. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE DON'T ASK ME OR ANYONE FOR MOVIES FROM THIS THREAD. Pirating is pirating and that is not cool on the stacks!

Here is my quick how to:

After a few hours of playing with many different softwares, I came across a way of successfully ripping a dvd and making it fit full screen in very good quality on my new curve.

The blackberry video converter works.. but the quality wasn't worth writing home about.

I went and downloaded anydvd and clonedvd mobile. They both havea fully functioning 21 day trial, plenty of time to rip as many dvd's as you want.

For options,

I chose - "dvix" and not 8800 or ipod.
I then selected the correct vob file.
I then chose it to fill "full" screen with "cineoscope" to 320x240. This crops alittle bit from the sides but makes the picture full screen.
I set the encoding to around 500megs and letter rip.

On some videos like austin powers 3 i didn't get over 300 megs with these settings and the quality is great with no funny grainy boxes on the screen. You can also choose not to check the "cinescope" option and the movies will be in widescreen with black bars on the top and bottom.

if you have any questions let me know.