I keep getting this error 0x8004fd28 during sync. It is a calander issue. I have ... BlackBerry Curve forum
8320 Error 0x8004fd28 Calander Sync Issue??
I keep getting this error 0x8004fd28 during sync. It is a calander issue. I have 8320 with 4.6 Desktop Mgr.
I reinstalled 4.6 no help.
I reset 8320 a few times no help.
Any ideas what may be causing this and a cure? Any direction on where to find out? Thank You.
You can try this as a workaround. It has worked for some:
Complete the following to fix:
1. Make sure BlackBerry Desktop Manager is closed.
2. Locate the Intellisync folder on your computer. This folder can be found at C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\. If you can't find the Application Data folder, see note below.
3. Rename the Intellisync folder (e.g., Intellisync_old).
4. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
5. Connect your BlackBerry device to the computer running BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
6. If you are running BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.2 or later, double-click Synchronize, click the Configuration tab, and then click Configure synch. If you are running BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.1 or earlier, double-click Intellisync, and then click Configure PIM.
7. Configure your synchronization options. For assistance, click Help on the Device Configuration window.
8. When have finished configuring the synchronization options, click OK to close the Device Configuration window.
9. If you are running BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.2 or later, click the Synchronize tab, make sure the Synchronize organize data check box is selected, and then click Synchronize now. If you are running BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.1 or earlier, make sure the Synchronize PIM check box is selected, and then click Synchronize now.
A new Intellisync folder is created.
If the Application Data folder cannot be located, the folder may be hidden. To make this folder visible, complete these steps:
1. While viewing the folder C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>, click Tools > Folder Options.
2. Click on the View tab.
3. Select the Show hidden files and folders option under Hidden files and folders.
4. Click OK.
If this doesn't work, do a complete uninstall, do a registry clean and then reinstall the DM.
Thanks KD78 I will give that a shot!
I have a question. How do I do this on Vista? I cant find the files on Vista.
This was happening to me! I did some research again and found a post that said to delete file calendar.bin from C:\Documents and Settings\<your name>\Application Data\Research In Motion\Blackberry\Intellisync\<your device number>. Restart Desktop Manager and sync again.
I did this and have been syncing without any issues. Don't know if it will last, but it got me started again and lowered my blood pressure
Try doing a search for Intellisync or Research in Motion...
Originally Posted by JRS65
How bizarre is this? I just ran into the same problem, same code on my 8900 a year later! Exact same issues. I can't remember what I did a year ago lol. May have just repalced the phone. Here we go again!
I have referred back to this so many times. Works every single time THANKS PINSTACKERS!
Tags for this Thread