I had a t-mobile rep tell me that I would not be able to use ... BlackBerry Curve forum

kdflyer no está en línea Stack level 2

8320 Curve work with Bluetooth GPS

Advertisement

I had a t-mobile rep tell me that I would not be able to use a bluetooth gps unit with my new curve, because something with the gps was not compatible with the wifi homespot service. Is anyone currently able to use a gps unit with their tmobile curve? If so, which one seems to work the best?

Jerk no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242392b9

Re: 8320 Curve work with Bluetooth GPS

I have a Holux 1200 that I got on buygpsnow.com. Works great with BB maps, Google maps and any other map programs.

wendycharles no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F6ACE

Does anyone know how I can download mapquest navigator?
    Wendy
    Iphone...what else would a MAC user have.....

gk0820 no está en línea Stack level 2

I am using a telestat gps with amAze gps service and it works great. I just recently took a 7 hour trip and had no problems with the phone or amAze. amAze is a free turn by turn spoken direction gps program.

vicbot no está en línea Stack level 1
    thank u bc i have been trying to figure on out for 3 months u have been alot of help. if u can please send me the web site to download. by the way is it ota or sync

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    What is a good GPS Puck?

galavanter no está en línea Stack level 3
    I use a Holux GPSlim240 on T-Mobile with my 8320 every night at work as a tanker driver. Works great, and I have come to see the puck as an advantage as I can keep the phone in my shirt pocket, as opposed to it needing a line of sight to satellites.

http://www.amazon.com/Holux-GPSlim-W...0777309&sr=8-2

I use it with Mapquest Navigator, and am very happy with the software. Once in a great while it will send me and my tanker truck into a trailer park in the desert instead of the opposite correct way to my delivery, but I have come to believe all gps software gets weaker in rural areas.

Wendy you probably have found it by now but here's a link:

https://mapquestdtc.telmap.com/

Google maps often provides a more direct route using freeways instead of surface streets, important to me and my big rig, but it doesn't have voice prompts. Just the other night Mapquest wanted to send me west miles across L.A. surface streets so I checked Google Maps and it send me south on the 605 and then north on the 5 to within blocks of my destination.

A photo for you beside the mini Bic lighter, which is about 2 1/4 inches long. It has a built in lithium battery that lasts around 6 or 7 hours, but also comes with a usb car charger.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by galavanter; 05-14-2008 at 12:18 PM.

pocketpete no está en línea Stack level 1
    Freedom 2000

SebasC no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20FAAC32
    Mine works fine with the Curve 8320... Nowadays customer reps get informed completly wrong maybe the customer rep was actually getting to that you cant use Bluetooth & Wifi at the same time.