Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi all I'm embarrassed to admit but I've had my 8320 for a good few ... BlackBerry Curve forum

kie9 no está en línea Stack level 1

8320 Curve...needes an upgrade--but I'm CRAP !!!

Advertisement

Hi all

I'm embarrassed to admit but I've had my 8320 for a good few months but I'm still on v 4.2.2.184 (platform 2.5.0.40) !

Now, I don't know what any of that means except I can't watch video and I know there are solutions by upgrade.
    The thing is I'm a useless technophobe who needs more guidance than the upgrade thread provides.
    eg--can i jump onto the newest upgrade from where I'm at or do i have to upgrade to each version in sequence?

Any friendly person fancy leading me through this more gently as although I love my BB iknow im not using it anywhere near its potential. Any links and easy step by step guides for the really pathetic would be greatly appreciated.

Please help, and thanks in advance !

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    You can jump up to 4.5 with ease. If you need help through it others here as well as myself will walk you through it. Lets start with who is your carrier?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Here is a good place to start. You can download any Operating system from any carrier if that's what you chose there is an added step in the upgrade process doing this but it is very easy.

The easiest way to upgrade, especially if you are nervous or just not tech savvy is to go here and use the web updater from blackberry.com. As long as there is an upgrade for your device it will find it and install it with little effort.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    And, if going through all that you still don't wanna walk that road alone, we can go back n forth here to walk you through...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

lenchoirs no está en línea Stack level 2
    Follow the link that Cowboy has, look for your carrier, click on the link, follow the instructions, be very patient, and it gets done. I did mine last night from that same link. I'm not a techie by any stretch of the imagination but it worked flawlessly for my 8310.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Go ahead and do it without worry. Cats like red and cowboy won't leave you hanging, plus there's any number of other should they be (gasp) not available. Even IF something does wrong, there's someone around to help you through it.
    Not to scare you, but my first upgrade went south. One search of the stacks (and a quick download) had my 8310 up and running quickly.
    Beautiful thing about the stacks, no one is going to belittle you if you do make a mistake.
    Last edited by jfcooley; 03-15-2009 at 01:40 PM.

kie9 no está en línea Stack level 1
    okay fellahs---you've given me a bit of confidence----will clear a bit space either later today or tomorrow and will set forth---good to know I have very capable sounding
    wingmen !

Much obliged !!

Angus_413 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Take it from me kie9, i was the same way and can tell you that you are in good hands. Modern came to my rescue along with some other stackers and got me through it. It really isnt that bad once you finnaly do it. Heck i could even walk you through it now lol but you are in good hands, good luck with the upgrade

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by kie9 View Post
    okay fellahs---you've given me a bit of confidence----will clear a bit space either later today or tomorrow and will set forth---good to know I have very capable sounding
    wingmen !

Much obliged !!
    Good Luck!!! If you have any questions just ask.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Now this is what I'm talking about! Folks ready and willing to help one another out. This is the essence and primary purpose of Pinstack. Keep up the good job guys and gals!

Always happy to be primal.

PIN/ID
    nada
    Lol. I fixed it, I can't spell but you knew what I mean jfcooley-lol. I was hoping no one would read that before I got it fixed.

Oh hell, wasn't making fun. Wouldn't even cross my (limited) mind.
    I do like being primal. First thing in my calendar every day.

You've a good point. I enjoy being able to help, although one has to be quick with the caliber
    of folks here on the stacks.

PIN/ID
    nada
    Right, neither you or Cat would ever poke fun at another stacker's inability to type correctly-lol. I do enjoy a primal encounter every once in a while, just not the kind I had earlier on BBM.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Let's not get to off track. It is gonna be scary enough for kie9 being their first time upgrading. I know I was scared to death.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast