I just ordered a Curve online and will be getting it within a couple days. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

kendrick87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    216413F3

8320 converts from the 8100

Advertisement

I just ordered a Curve online and will be getting it within a couple days. I've owned the Pearl for ages (since it first came out). I'm very excited to get the Curve, but I'm a little nervous about a couple things-

1) I'm afraid I won't like the size difference (I love how small the Pearl is)

2) I'm afraid I won't like the full keyboard. I've gotten SO fast on the suretype and I'm nervous to switch.

Has anyone made the switch to the Curve from the Pearl and had similar apprehensions? Any words of comfort or any other thoughts?

-Kendrick

bbslice no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2437ACFE

Re: 8320 converts from the 8100

I've only used the pearl for about 3 weeks I couldn't take the suretype it annoyed the hell out of me
    and man your going to love a full qwerty keyboard.
    it's the most perfect qwert keyboard I like it almost as much as macbook keyboard.
    i think you'll be happy with your descision
    i'm addicted.

BluesDrive no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241BC149

well, I went from the LG Chocolate and delved into the Blackberry world via the 8320 Curve. I admit, the size took a little bit to get used to, and so did the keyboard, but I'm lovin it. Judging from just eyeing my friend's pearl, I think the Curve is thinner but about half a centimeter. I know I'm comparing the keyboard to t9, but I sure as hell love the full qwerty.

bigdog364 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2439E565

I went from the Pearl to the Curve. Had to get used to the size, but that took about a week. Composing emails, text etc is so much easier with the full keyboard. The selling point for me is the WiFi. Can't wait for the new OS, this should only enhance my Curve. BTW, the bigger screen also was a need.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You will LOVE the curve!!! I came from the pearl as well & had the same fears but they were quickly erased! I like sure type but the full keyboard is like a breath of fresh air in comparison! The screen size will more than make up for it being a bigger phone overall. A total upgrade in my opinion.

azn_skillet no está en línea Stack level 3

i use to have the pearl and i love the suretype.... but then it does get annoying when it spells out some other word..

honestly the curve is a little bit bigger but the screen is also bigger and if u type fast on ur PC keyboard typing on the curve will be a breeze.. took me 1 hour to get use to... i use it sometimes to type out notes in class when i forgot my notebook

ALSO the speaker is much louder then the pearl if that helps
    Last edited by azn_skillet; 03-05-2008 at 02:15 PM.

rhs1979 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3068886F

I migrated to the 8320 from an 8100. The Curve is only moderatly larger than the Pearl, it's hardly a behemoth of a phone, considering that it has a full keyboard. The Curve is more elegant in my eyes; the 8100 always seemed "cutesy" but not very cool. In any event, the Curve is by far the superior phone, so welcome aboard.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada

I also had an 8100, nice phone, but I couldnt get used to the suretype thing. The curve is only 1/2' TO 5/8" wider than the pearl. You will LOVE it! The keyboard is outstanding.