Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Has anyone noticed any deficiencies in the build quality of the device itself? Though I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

JPREP no está en línea Stack level 2

8320 Build Quality

Advertisement

Has anyone noticed any deficiencies in the build quality of the device itself? Though I am anything but rough with my phone, and very nit-picky, I am noticing as if the phone is slowly falling apart.

First, the side rails have gotten considerably more loose since I first got the phone, so much so the right rail squeaks. The screen looks to be off-centered too, and also squeaks when I press down on the lower right side. In addition, the top black bumper is slightly raised more than on the other side.

Is it just me? Will companies replace devices if they seem like they're falling apart?

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Re: 8320 Build Quality

If you just got the device and it is showing these obvious build deficiencies, I would take it back for
    a replacement if you are within your warranty exchange period with your carrier.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Unfortunately I am now going on one-month. Just curious if these are known issues. Maybe I have been handling it too much.

PIN/ID
    AoleLava

I don't think they are known issues. Every so often there are devices produced that are defective for some reason and thus warranty returnable. I've seen no other complaints reported about such issues.
    So you are past the return period with your carrier?
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

I believe so. I'm going to give them a call and see what they can do.

Thanks for your help. I'll keep you updated!

ant808 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24b16175

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)Ihad the same problem and tmo was glad to send me out a new one give them a call my new pin is
    242306E8

green no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask

Here is what I found out today. On Friday night I upgraded to an 8310 titanium,on Saturday morning the antenna cover fell off when I pulled it out of the holster. I then drove to the at&t store (3 hours away) They are the closest ones with the titanium. Anyway, myself and the manager went through 4 other ones right out of the box and all 4 of them were falling apart. When we looked on the tag inside the phone all 4 of them were made in Mexico...go figure...the last one they had in stock just happened to be made in Canada and its perfect, tight as a drum. So, if I were you I would pay serious attention to the country it was made in. By the way,dont wast your time with calling at&$'s horrible customer service dept. you will get no where. Instead go to the store, the people in the stores are awesome and will bend over backwards to help. They even got me my unlock code on the spot.

I have T-Mobile. One of my biggest concerns is that the top black portion sticks out above the LED indicator, and the rubber is literally pealing off.

I've only had it for 25 days, so a phone shouldn't really be falling apart that easily. Hopefully they'll be reasonable when I call.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ no issues at all with my 8320s or 8300.

Prorock no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I had THREE 8300 and the first two were garbage. The third one was perfect. Upgraded to 8310 and happy to say everything seems right. All I can say is if you are not happy with your BB RETURN it! These things aren't cheap and why suffer with a poorly made device. If you are nice to the service rep they most likely will return the favor.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JPREP
    I have T-Mobile. One of my biggest concerns is that the top black portion sticks out above the LED indicator, and the rubber is literally pealing off.

I've only had it for 25 days, so a phone shouldn't really be falling apart that easily. Hopefully they'll be reasonable when I call.

I have the same problem. I called and it's not covered under warranty. They said it's considered wear and tear...

noodlenguyen no está en línea Stack level 2

O snap! Mine is made in MX. I read the limited warranty and it states does not cover housing or cosmetic defects.

PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Looks like there are others with the issue too and that sucks, the 8300 had some defect issues when first released and these devices were also shipped from Mexico. Let us know how it goes! *Goes and looks at 8310 box*
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Thanks for the info!

I called T-Mobile and they were great in exchanging my device. The rep even noted that I should get a new one (though more than likely I will since it is a new release). She worried me at first because the devices allegedly should say "WiFi" on the top, and mine didn't. I thought I may have received some "test device," but I was later assured that only the Titanium ones do, and the Pale Gold do not.

Thanks again for the help!

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

No issues here. I do keep mine safely nestled in its Vaja case though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast