8320 & BT Desktop Sync and BT Modem Use, Does anyone have this working?? Replies ... BlackBerry Curve forum

GlobalBB no está en línea Stack level 2

Question 8320 & BT Desktop Sync and BT Modem Use, Does anyone have this working??

Advertisement

8320 & BT Desktop Sync and BT Modem Use, Does anyone have this working??

Replies amd help if anyone has this working much appreciated,

Thanks,

senseijake no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2140331B

Re: 8320 & BT Desktop Sync and BT Modem Use, Does anyone have this working??

What operating system are you using(Vista, XP)?
    What bluetooth adapter are you using built-in or external on the laptop or desktop?

Quote Originally Posted by senseijake View Post
    What operating system are you using(Vista, XP)?
    What bluetooth adapter are you using built-in or external on the laptop or desktop?

Hi,

I have the BT working as a modem, bit not at the DT.
    I use Win XP Pro, BT drivers are MS

Thx

PIN/ID
    2140331B

ok so you have the phone connected to the computer via bluetooth and it is working as a bluetooth dial up modem, but now you cannot use desktop manger via bluetooth connection correct?

Did you edit any of the driver files in order for bluetooth dial-up networking to work properly?

PIN/ID
    2140331B

After I browsed through the forums a bit it seems like you might be in luck. jdchamp31 posted a complete how-to on setting up bluetooth dial up networking with windows xp. Here is a link Tutorial: Tethering Instructions for 8300 Bluetooth/USB

Your profile says your with AT&T which is the same carrier the tutorial goes along with in terms of apn settings and what not.

Give it a try, Good Luck and let me know if the tutorial fixes your issue. If not then we can go a little deeper down the rabbit hole

Quote Originally Posted by senseijake View Post
    After I browsed through the forums a bit it seems like you might be in luck. jdchamp31 posted a complete how-to on setting up bluetooth dial up networking with windows xp. Here is a link Tutorial: Tethering Instructions for 8300 Bluetooth/USB

Your profile says your with AT&T which is the same carrier the tutorial goes along with in terms of apn settings and what not.

Give it a try, Good Luck and let me know if the tutorial fixes your issue. If not then we can go a little deeper down the rabbit hole

Thanks, yes i have the BT dial up networking now, but i still cannot sync via BT with the DT Manager?

PIN/ID
    2140331B

Sorry for the delay in response ive been slammed with work lately.

What is the Make Model of your laptop? (Toshibas have know problems with DTM)

Have you ever been able to sync using bluetooth? Also when your blackberry is connected to your computer using bluetooth, what services are listed on the computer?
    Bluetooth Options>Select blackberry>click properties>select services tab.

Again I apologize for all the clarifying questions im trying to help you from my memory about WinXP, im using Vista which is a totally different beast