are u 8320 users finding that your battery is rapidly draining overnight while u sleep??? ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

8320 Battery -

Advertisement

are u 8320 users finding that your battery is rapidly draining overnight while u sleep???

This never happened to this degree with my Curve - - - I keep it in the OEM case with the battery so it's in a sleep mode and last night even turned off the wifi only to wake to 8320 down to 30% battery left (at 95% when i sat it down)

Any thoughts on why... and better yet, how to prevent such massive overnight drainage? I don't want to plug it in all night every night...

TIA

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Re: 8320 Battery -

could be a malfunctioning battery, though it's rare. It can be a combination of things, but most times battery drain during the night is due to unknown activity going on while the users catching Zzzs.

are you getting full EDGE service where you are at? if your signal is weak it might be going in and out during the night causing your radio to put more strain on the battery.

also, quick test to do before passing out at night is to press (and hold) alt + back key. while holding down alt keep tapping that back key to cycle through the apps. There should be only 5 icons (call log, home screen, browser, bbm & messages). even as I went through right now I found I had left Viigo and the media player open. extra open applications can also add to battery drain and sometimes while in a rush, a user may just press 'end' and that doesn't fully exit out of the program they were using.

what could also be draining is the settings you have while in holster. I have mine set to vibrate for quite a few functions when holstered. I would suggest changing it to the "Quiet" profile before bed. Alerts can run quite a number on the battery through the night.

I think if you combine all of the above you should start seeing better battery life through the night. Try it tonight and post your results tomorrow if you could.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Thx Black...
    My signal is full EDGE here at the house all the time... I initially thought about that too, but realized it isn't going in and out -

Having some extra apps open was definitely an issue... gotta make sure I shut stuff down better (I had 4 open apps running) - ??? is there a way from app switcher to close the apps, or do u need to go back to each app to close independently?

Finally, in the holster I always set it to Phone only... while Quiet is optimal, don't want to miss any emergency calls - so Phone only accomplishes this for me overnight -

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by jscottbarnes
    gotta make sure I shut stuff down better (I had 4 open apps running) - ??? is there a way from app switcher to close the apps, or do u need to go back to each app to close independently?
    have to independently go into each program and exit out. it's a pain.

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

You can leave your phone plugged in all night it isn't going to hurt it, its like a trickle charger, once its full it stops and then every once in a while it will add a little charge as needed

flava no está en línea Stack level 2

I wonder if it has to do with the option of receiving e-mail through your blackberry. Before I went to the t-mobile website to hook up my email through my BB, my battery used to last a lot longer...

just like before hooking up my email through BB, the internet browser only has two options: t-zones and wi-fi. After configuring email through BB, browser now has 3 options under general settings:internet, t-zones, and wifi.

silviajdm no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by flava
    I wonder if it has to do with the option of receiving e-mail through your blackberry. Before I went to the t-mobile website to hook up my email through my BB, my battery used to last a lot longer...
    I don't think so cause I'm running 4 different accounts on mines and I don't see any difference from the first time I used it.

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have 5 email accounts set up, and receiving emails at least one every 10 minutes. In the past week I've received 790 emails. It really doesn't seem to wear my battery down at all

Krad no está en línea Stack level 3

funny you mention this...

A buddy and I went to a rim crm seminar and got free 8800's. Right away he was telling me when he puts his phone next to him at night, the battery is dead by morning. Same thing when he got his curve... I never had the issue. I think there is something wrong with that spot, maybe the signal keeps getting pumped out back and forth.....

he now keeps it in another room, or charging at night so it isn't dead by morning.

weird. I never experienced this.

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne

considering the fixed life of a battery, and the fact that tmo says turning the phone off and on once a day will help it with tower connectivity, i schedule for auto on/off over night... i have mine turn off at around 1am, and it comes on around 6 or so... the alarm function works so long as its not scheduled to ding during an off period, and it saves hours a day of useless on time for the battery <--thats the main point of the post.