When I use my 8320 (t-mobile) as a modem, it only lasts 4 appx. 15 ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Dondada no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20528E5D

8320 as modem only works 4 about 15 minutes.

Advertisement

When I use my 8320 (t-mobile) as a modem, it only lasts 4 appx. 15 minutes. After that I get a "cannot connect to server" message. This has been goin on for months and BB techs are of no assistance for this problem. Can someone pleeeeeease help me. Thanks.

skaii no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242DEE39

Re: 8320 as modem only works 4 about 15 minutes.

That's odd. I'm using my 8320 with T-Mobile as a modem right now, and I'm on it for hours. Keep in mind that you do need Windows XP Service Pack 2 to be able to use it as a modem. Also, make sure you have the most recent BlackBerry Desktop Software available. Try removing your battery and SIM card for 10 seconds and restart your PC.

I wish I could be of more help, but I don't know exactly all the BB tech reps have done with you so far in regards to actual troubleshooting.
    Hi. :D

alin no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31a241a4

I have had similar issues, doesn't seem to be a fix yet

stranjal7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    #ASK#

If you have apps on your device that updates info automatically,( like a weather ,stock,rss feed, IM, etc.) this could interfere with your connection. Try turning those apps off. You might have too go into the app menu to acomplish this. Then turn them back on when your done with your session. Hope this helps.

zeyrah no está en línea Stack level 3

I would say to try it on anther computer. This will be a fast way to tell if it is the phone/service or the computer. If the issue follows the phone, it has to be something tmo can resolve with a new phone or sim. If it does not follow the phone, it has to be something with the computer (that rim or tmo may be able to fix.) Also, do you have the same problem with the web if you are just on the phone's internet? Does the desktop manager disconnect? Have you tried a different USB cord? Let us know what happens!
    ~Zey