Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Now that Rogers offers the $15 plan for any Blackberry and not just the Pearl, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Mugen no está en línea Stack level 1

8320 and Rogers $15 Unlimited Email Plan

Advertisement

Now that Rogers offers the $15 plan for any Blackberry and not just the Pearl, does anyone here have the 8320 on the Rogers $15 unlimited email plan?

If so, were you able to use the WIFI to browse the internet and were you charged for any additional data other then the $15?

Thanks in Advance!
    Last edited by Mugen; 01-03-2008 at 05:47 PM.

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: 8320 and Rogers $15 Unlimited Email Plan

With the 15$ plan, the navigator is not enabled. I don't know if it is when on wifi tho.

sddspence no está en línea Stack level 2

apparently opera mini has been working on the regular berries. Not sure about the wifi berries as you need the a data plan to activate the wifi....

chicho1234 no está en línea Stack level 1

Which ver. of Opera are you guys using?? I install it on my 8310 and It wont connect?

I am usuing the Rogers 15 Unlim. plan and I cannot connect to any internet connections (which I was told by Rogers) But people have still been connecting using Opera Mini 4? I installed it Via PC the Icon shows up on my phone but I still cannot connect? ANyone have any suggestions??
    Thanks!

sddspence no está en línea Stack level 2

I have opera mini 4 on my 8120 and it seems to work fine but others have been having issues and downgraded to version 3.....try downgrading and see what happens....

Do U know where I can download ver 3 of opera?? I cant find it anywhere?

Thanks!!

markryandavi no está en línea Stack level 2

I am on wifi right now..but my google maps does not work..ti use internet with wifi, just get on via the "wifi hotspot login" in the browser icon

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe

hey to anybody in the ottawa region ? nobody wanna trade their 8320 for a 8310 ? i just realized after 3days of usage that i need the wifi over the gps for my usage. let me know.

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

Heh GPS is useless on a phone. 20mins of GPS use = around 1MB. Maps should be downloaded once and only need updates.

PIN/ID
    AskMe

well not that useless knowing that i have an unlimited data plan and also if u use google maps on the 8310 it works flawlessly and suprizingly enough doesnt use that much data especially on the map mode (not satellite view). Only thing is that i could get rid of my crazy data plan and of the gps and get 15unlimited and wifi

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337

if you get the $15 unlimited email from Rogers, does the wifi option work on the 8320? And alternatively, on that same plan, does the GPS work on the 8310?

PIN/ID
    AskMe

as for the 8310 the gps is built in meaning that it WILL give you coordinates even tho u dont have data plan.
    Now what uses data is downloading maps for u to see what the coordinates refer to on a displayed map.
    So BBmaps that uses BIS does not work with 15ue plan but google maps does and its as good and since u have a built in gps on the 8310 the mylocation feature on google map works really well (3m accuracy). so id say yes u get gps
    as for the wifi with the 8320 id say yes because it uses wifi but im not too sure because i heard u need BIS for wifi ..

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337

Thanks for the response! I think I'm going to get the 8310 with gps. As long as I can use the feature with the $15 plan and not get charged a ridiculous amount extra for data, I'm good!
    Is using the gps feature hard or is it user friendly?

Thanks in advance!

swe_tawk no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    210d17b3

i have an 8320 with the 15 UE plan from rogers and no data.
    My Blackberry browser works on my wifi when im connected at home /work. I set the application permissions for blackberry browser to only use wifi, and all others are set to "deny" works fine, i get on pinstack forums and i even check my hotmail through the mobile.msn site (emulation mode set to MSIE) as i regularly check my other folders on it, as the registered account only looks at inboxes not any other folder like "bills"(unless im missing something). Operamini wont work for me though, as i cant get it to use the wifi connection by default. All in all im happy as i do my surfing only when im at home or work or sitting at a coffee shop. Haven't done a detailed test on maps yet, though google talk and yahoo messenger works fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast