Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey all....i got the new curve for tmobile butttt for some reason i cant surf ... BlackBerry Curve forum

dnbk2121 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    AsK Me

8320 and jive talk

Advertisement

Hey all....i got the new curve for tmobile butttt for some reason i cant surf the web while im on jive talk i get the error "a problem occured trying to rendor this page"........as soon as jive talk is off everything works again. If anyone had a solution for me that would be great thanks

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: 8320 and jive talk

This appears to be a problem with the WAP gateway. This gateway
    does not appear to work well with multiple network enabled applications. Happens to me as well with different apps. It's like overloading a funnel.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ maybe try changing how JT connects. I don't have that problem.

Sky Zero no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241C349C

I'm running into the same problem, but after logging out of JiveTalk I can see pages just fine.

How do you change the way it connects? I went into the prefs for JiveTalk and I see where it says TCP but I can't seem to change it to anything else.

dnbk2121 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    AsK Me

hmmm.....

jwprice no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2423A566

I was just getting ready to purchase JiveTalk, if there are problems like this, I might hold off!

NOID no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2423EC62

Quote Originally Posted by jwprice
    I was just getting ready to purchase JiveTalk, if there are problems like this, I might hold off!

I have had JobeTalk since it was in Beta testing with my Pearl. I dont have ANY problems with it while I'm online. JiveTalk kicks A$$

PIN/ID
    241C349C

I agree that JiveTalk rocks, I really dig the interface and leave it logged in all the time!

Just a note on some steps I took to try and fix this problem. Tried clearing the browser cache (as suggested by T-Mo customer support) and that didn't work. Then tried wiping the handheld and 3rd party apps. The problem reappeared when I was reinstalled and logged into JT and tried to browse the net. The only other 3rd party app I have is google maps. I have two accounts (AIM and googletalk) logged into JT. Tried logging into one account at a time and I still got the same problem. As soon as I log off of JT, I can surf the web just fine. Just as a side note if it matters, I turn off the wi-fi connection and run on EDGE with a good, stable signal.

EDIT: Connected to my wireless router at home and I get the same problem.

Any tips or suggestions would be very much appreciated!
    Last edited by Sky Zero; 10-14-2007 at 04:21 PM.

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e

see my jive talk is having some issues as well like loggin in and it adds a whole bunch of the same screen names.. hope this is fixed before my trials up

DaThunder no está en línea Stack level 3

I thought the 8320 came with all of the messengers installed and service booked.
    But to the ones who paid for JT, I can see why they want it to work on the new "fone"

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

the problem with the IM apps that come preinstalled is it is one app per IM client, so you have one program for AOL IM, one for ICQ, one for GTalk, one for MSN, and one for Yahoo. There is nothing for MySpace if you use that.

With Jivetalk you get them all in one appication.

OK, under preferences at the bottom is the network. Try using the other option than what you are set up for and see if that works.

Has anyone emailed BeeJive about the problem? They have always been very speedy in getting back to me.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

i had this problem. i deleted all service books for all the (stock) chat clients and all the service books for the chat clients and it worked fine. also when your in ur browser hit the bb button go to options and then browser configuration>make sure you everyhting is allowed like java scripts, embedded images yatta yatta. once you do all this do a soft reset. (battery pull for 10 seconds) then start up jive talk give it a minute and check to see if your browser works.

question for you. are you using wi-fi when your on jive and not being able to render a page?

PIN/ID
    241C349C

I've emailed BeeJive about it and they've been really qiuck to respond. Great customer service!

I don't have any other options under network in the prefs menu of JT, just TCP. I got this reply back from BeeJive about it:

"Go to Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table and select Register Now. Afterwards, check your Service Books and make sure that you have the IPPP for BIBS service book. If not, you should call Tmobile's BB support and ask for the service book. It should be standard."

To see the service books, it's under options -> advance options right? Checked there and I don't have the IPPP for BIBS service book so it looks like I'm going to have to give T-Mo a call.

Tried both ways (wi-fi and EDGE) Nicky and I got the same error both times.

[IFC]Area51 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by NOID
    I have had JobeTalk since it was in Beta testing with my Pearl. I dont have ANY problems with it while I'm online. JiveTalk kicks A$$
    YEEEEEEEHAAAAW! im with you on this, since beta! can't be happier and haven't looked elsewhere.

PIN/ID
    241C349C

Just got off the phone with T-Mo & BB support (great customer service, very helpful!) and they pushed the service books to me. Was able to changed the network pref for JiveTalk from TCP to BIS and now everything is working great! Tested a few sites while logged into JT and no issues at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast