I just got the T-Mobile Blackberry Curve 8320 for my wife and was able to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mgiusto no está en línea Stack level 1

8320 and BMW X3 (Shuts down car bluetooth)

Advertisement

I just got the T-Mobile Blackberry Curve 8320 for my wife and was able to pair it with the 2007 BMW X3. All worked fine for a couple weeks when my wife says it isn't working anymore. I Try to check it out and find that the BMW bluetooth doesn't work at all.

We take the BMW in for service and they say the 8320 isn't supported and that it locked out bluetooth and the roadside assistance system as well and that we shouldn't pair it again with the car because the same will happen.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there some other work around or do I seriously not pair it anymore?

EDIT: Software version for the 8320 is 4.2.2.171
    Last edited by mgiusto; 11-08-2007 at 07:26 PM.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Re: 8320 and BMW X3 (Shuts down car bluetooth)

The Bluetooth system in the BMW vehicles is a hybrid system that they designed that is not true bluetooth. There have been multiple issues reported for years with varying phones in those systems. Check out the BMW forums and see if someone found a solution to the problem. I know I have seen some workarounds posted on their forums when I have been looking for a solution for other customers with non-bb phones in the past.

Zo