Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

If I may make a suggestion: Why not forward all your email to your gmail ... BlackBerry Curve forum

cky1billion no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24236b05

Re: 8320 a joke

Advertisement

If I may make a suggestion: Why not forward all your email to your gmail account and use the gmail app from google? I know you can do that, I mean have all your email go to one account, but I personally have never done that. Doesn't rogers now have a 15 dollar email only account? I realize that I am one of the cheapest bastards on the planet, and happily support you in avoiding paying for crap from rogers, I am sorta Canadian so I know your plight, but I will say that would make getting your email a whole lot easier.

Edit:
    Here ya go: http://www.z-oc.com/blog/2007/10/how...-even-backups/
    Last edited by cky1billion; 12-14-2007 at 11:44 AM.

germy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241bb585

I'm a bit confused by the original post.

I can get my email, use my browser, BB Maps, BB Messenger, Google Maps, UMA calls. . .all over WiFi WITH wireless network turned off just to make sure.

So I guess the only thing that would make sense would be. . . .that T-Mobile would require you to have a data plan to use these even when using WiFi. Which seems lame but I use my data plan like crazy so it doesn't apply to met at all.

But if you're using WiFi and not EDGE I don't see why they'd charge?

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

The Issue with mail directly to the balckberry over WIFI is, your information must be entered into RIMS data base to have access to a POP3 mail server. You Can get mail with the web sites through WIFI, but the Java Limitations of the blackberry make it ackward to say the least. SO it is easier to Have a data plan and use WIFI when it is available. As for the Hotmail statement, you can NOT get a free hot mail to an Blackberry anyway, you must pay to have POP available in Hotmail. THe only reason a free yahoo works is RIM partnered with Yahoo to do that.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

gitchies no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

NO Data plan=No blackberry? Simple? It's like buying a cadillac catera, are you really getting a caddy?

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by gitchies View Post
    NO Data plan=No blackberry? Simple? It's like buying a cadillac catera, are you really getting a caddy?
    no, your getting an Opel!

Damatrix no está en línea Stack level 1

so i guess my question is...

is there a list of apps that work with wifi/no data or can we start a confirmed working list?

thanks for the tips guys

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I confused. Why don't you want to pay for a data plan?

bought my bb on ebay and the ****er said i could have data invalid imei and pin is what it says when i try and use bbconnect

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

what's bbconnect? is that a new one with rogers? i thought bbconnect was for non-bb devices to get push-like email?

the simple fact is that the person you bought it from on ebay didn't know what he/she was talking about.

so is it safe to say that the wifi that i searched the planet for on the bb is cripple to use the browser only???

no other apps will work?

Anyone confirm any work arounds?

PIN/ID
    STACK

Sorry man...if you're trying to surf the web with WiFi, you will need the data plan. Since Wifi will use the the blackberry browser you will need a data plan. I don't think there is a work around.

I understand that Rogers has really bad rates for data plans, but without one you won't be able to use your blackberry to surf the net. Maybe a blackberry isn't for you?

yea i think im gonna give my biz to iphone its sad because i live in kitchener and its giving back to the local business... Ill email them a nice email before going out... dont ****ing call it wifi if its some ugly sad version. i got browsing i just want more i want like an msn app that runs i hate the text ****... theres honestly nothing that will work with the 8320???

kalex80 no está en línea Stack level 1

wifi seems pretty pointless if i was around wifi i would be on my labtop or my desktop

PIN/ID
    STACK

you're still going to need a data plan with an iphone too.

You need to settle down. Do some research and figure out you exactly need. For most phones you're going to have to pay your provider some sort of fee to access the internet with your phone.

It's not like a laptop where you can just bring it to a place and access their Wifi and not pay for it. Even then you're going to need to compensate the place with a purchase of some sort.

There is no work around to access the internet. It's not crippled either, you just have to pay for the service and you can have all the access to the internet you want. You won't get much sympathy from everyone here since everyone is paying for the internet of some sort. If there was a work around don't you think most people on here would be using it?

I'm sorry that it's not what you expected, but again maybe a blackberry isn't for you. There are plenty of other devices that may have a work around. I'm not sure. Just do some research and the best of luck to you.

rans0m00 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241EFA65

Only great thing I have found is almost everywhere I go has wifi but only about 3/4 get cell reception(Tmo) so the wifi gets used alot on mine just to keep voice service going.... That has been my biggest complaint very expensive phone and plan and then you drop a call if your in the mall/hospital/tall office buildings when my mom has a 3yr old motorola(v300?) and she is just talking away.... Drives me nuts.....

Jon

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast