Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I just unlocked and bought a 8320 Tmobile curve w/ wifi... what a joke why ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Damatrix no está en línea Stack level 1

8320 a joke

Advertisement

I just unlocked and bought a 8320 Tmobile curve w/ wifi... what a joke why does blackberry have to take a normal feature like wifi and cripple the !@#$ out of it... I mean I cant get email working. I cant even do any messenger... I can browse yippee... Im going to sell it and buy and Iphone...

I tried RIM i really did but man money hungry corporations like rogers and tmobile come out with wifi and then tell you, YOU STILL NEED DATA? let me make a water powered car and then tell you you still need gas...

That is my rant if anyone can help me out lemme know im on rogers. with an unlocked 8320

Ciao

Cisco Kidd no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: 8320 a joke

EVEN WITH THE iPHONE YOU NEED DATA PLAN

thasiccest13 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kidd View Post
    EVEN WITH THE iPHONE YOU NEED DATA PLAN
    no u can get your email by just using wifi

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by Damatrix View Post
    I just unlocked and bought a 8320 Tmobile curve w/ wifi... what a joke why does blackberry have to take a normal feature like wifi and cripple the !@#$ out of it... I mean I cant get email working. I cant even do any messenger... I can browse yippee... Im going to sell it and buy and Iphone...

I tried RIM i really did but man money hungry corporations like rogers and tmobile come out with wifi and then tell you, YOU STILL NEED DATA? let me make a water powered car and then tell you you still need gas...

That is my rant if anyone can help me out lemme know im on rogers. with an unlocked 8320

Ciao
    The iPhone needs a data plan to just be activated to simply play music (unless you hack it which Apple said might void warranty).

It could very well be a limitation of what RIM can do at the moment... this is their FIRST wifi device. As someone said there has to be a trigger for the push system for your email to work and they might not have the ability just yet for that to happen over non-network connections.

rextilleon no está en línea Stack level 2

Even if you could get it read this and weep. This is from a review in PC MAgazine

Don't expect Wi-Fi to greatly speed up Web browsing or e-mail. As I found on the 8820, the BlackBerry system is so optimized for slow networks that there's very little visible difference in the speed of Web page loading in the BlackBerry browser or e-mail delivery over Wi-Fi versus EDGE. Browsing, IM, and other Internet applications all work over Wi-Fi, no problem—they just don't work much faster than they did before.

Wi-Fi does seem to take one toll on the Curve 8320: It is generally a touch less responsive than AT&T's non–Wi-Fi model, with menu options taking a little longer to register. It still feels livelier than Windows Mobile, though.

yea wellll whatever i found a way around it long as the browser works i can access email through webmail. and msn through mobile.msn.com.

it just sucks cos its like when we used putty to get through the firewalls at school TEXTLINE cmd crap

so there is no way to activate email on the bb? so that i could use the nice built in menus... no programs available? like what can i add to this phone to add use to the useless wifi

Also anyone got a tmobile # i can use or can they access the download area and download the 8320 software i need some new themes..

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Damatrix View Post
    yea wellll whatever i found a way around it long as the browser works i can access email through webmail. and msn through mobile.msn.com.
    just so you know... they know your data usage and you will be charged for that

GadgetProne no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

I love my 8320. Since this is a Tmobile branded device using a service that only Tmobile employs, the Wifi UMA won't work on another network. I opted to drop down to $9.99 email only addon = NO DATA. I suffer the inability to connect to 3rd party apps with the exception of Gtalk & YM. I however added unlimited UMA addon for $9.99. I get to talk without using minutes from my plan. I was paying 19.99 for unlimited Email & Data. I wanted WIFI capability so I can download music, video and wallpapers. Yes I miss the ability to use all the apps. The one app I wish I could still use is BB maps. I do like visiting my inlaws and talking over their WIFI. If there is no GSM/EDGE access I can connect to WIFI and still get my email and make calls. SWEET!

DAMATRIX you may have to suffer in silence.....Unless you get a BB data plan. I used to pay about $50 USD when BB's were email only and no phone or browser. The plans and devices have come a long way.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GadgetProne; 12-14-2007 at 12:23 AM.

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Your so angry Damatrix! Are you gonna be ok or do we need to have someone stop by and check in on your berry. We don't want hurting yourself or worse yet your poor berry!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ahhaha no guys im gonna be fine...

the work around is doing good ebuddy.com/mobile works alrite and access the email at the college through web access...

You know what i was thinking though...i want to program an offline map program for the berry. I mean how hard would that be take and area cut it up into sections. give asign a vector to the streets, (so they can be searchable) add queries, (kinda a fake gps option mapquest style after left turn you would click ok and it would give you the next direction...)

Make sense?

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

google maps or blackberry maps already does that...

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

I never had an issue getting pin messages. using messenger (bb, or instant messengers) or email on the devices, but that may have been due to the fact that I already had the service books pushed on there and then just turned off data and allowed wifi connectivity
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

Berry O Black no está en línea Stack level 1

Merry Christmas, even small companies need this thing called revenue to stay in buisness. Welcome to America. Ho ho ho ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kmarlos no está en línea Stack level 1

Dude that was funny but so damn true lol
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 12-15-2007 at 01:01 AM. Reason: language

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast