Hey all -- I need some help! I dropped my phone a few times last ... BlackBerry Curve forum

vindicatedx2x no está en línea Stack level 2

8310 Won't Connect/Charge

Advertisement

Hey all -- I need some help!

I dropped my phone a few times last night [it was a fun night out, what can I say...] and cracked my screen, but every still seemed to be working this morning. However, it won't charge in an outlet or on the computer -- and won't be recognized when I plug it in via USB. The charging symbol will come on next to the battery for about 5 seconds when I plug it in to either, and then just disappear.

Any help on this?? Please and thanks!

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Sounds like the mini-USB port has been damaged. You can buy a new one at http://cnn.cn or if the device is still under warranty or you have a Protection Plan on the device, call your service provider and see if they will replace the phone.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

They won't replace the phone, especially as it has a cracked screen >_< ... any other ideas?

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    You can get a replacement screen from the same website above. Without repairing the phone yourself or finding someone that can repair it, which would include re-soldering the mini-USB, then I don't have any more advice.

Something clearly has been knocked loose so the only other option is to get a stand-alone charger for the battery and take the battery out each time it needs to be charged.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

but if the USB port has been damaged, why is it recognized in the first place but then turns off?