Okay, so great... I love my phone... now why should I keep it as opposed ... BlackBerry Curve forum

koh
    koh no está en línea Stack level 2

8310 vs 83xx? Why should I keep my 8310 over other models?

Advertisement

Okay, so great... I love my phone... now why should I keep it as opposed to the 8320 or 8330? Or even higher models? I know most other models do not possess the camera feature.

Can someone sell me on a reason to trade in my 8310 for a different model?

As well, can someone sell me on why I am being a fool and why I should keep my current model?

Let the battle.... begin.

koH

TheRiddler no está en línea Stack level 5
    It all depends on your 'wants' versus your contract compared to your disposable income.

The 8310, if you are truly happy with it, is a good phone. Other models may offer you wifi or other options that you desire so then it becomes a choice of where you are in your contract. If you want what the other models have to offer and can afford the new phone...or sweet talk a rep into giving you a good deal on a trade-in/upgrade then go for it.

Personally I would keep your 8310 until you are eligible for an upgrade and then seek out the Bold (if you are on AT&T, that is). If you are with another carrier then I would keep your 8310 until you are eligible to trade-in/upgrade and see what models are available then.

There will always be a shinier piece of candy on the shelf in the candy store. As in most things in life...computers, houses, cars, spouses/significant others...we are all prone to be tempted to seek a new piece of candy. The wise man/woman relishes the candy they have for they know the flavor of it. There is no guarantee that one will enjoy the taste of the new piece as much or as long.

Good luck!

zakz no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hi,
    Actually they are all pretty much the same.
    8310 have gps but available on att in america
    8320 has no gps but has wifi, available on tmobile
    8330 is the most recent curve. It has a higher device memory and is cdma based as opposed to the other curves. (Verizon, sprint)
    If u do travel a lot say to europe n the rest, this is not the phone I'd recomend coz its difficult/expensive if not impossible to use out of USA.
    And BTW they all have cameras.
    So when upgrading, ull have to change ur carrier too.
    Hope that helps.
    If I'm wrong somewhere, someone pliz correct me

Saltzz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    244b783e
    Quote Originally Posted by zakz View Post
    8310 have gps but available on att in america
    that alone is the best reason to why its better, but thats just my opinion.

shuff7 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Liked the candy analogy.

focuztorch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    I would keep my 8310 proud owner of the crimson cyclops my nickname for my bb plus gps was my selling point ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    You're really not gaining anything by upgrading. You could get an unlocked 8320 if you wanted WiFi and didn't care about GPS. Otherwise, they're pretty much the same.

My option would be to ride out the contract and when you're eligible, upgrade to whatever you like.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRiddler View Post
    It all depends on your 'wants' versus your contract compared to your disposable income.

The 8310, if you are truly happy with it, is a good phone. Other models may offer you wifi or other options that you desire so then it becomes a choice of where you are in your contract. If you want what the other models have to offer and can afford the new phone...or sweet talk a rep into giving you a good deal on a trade-in/upgrade then go for it.

Personally I would keep your 8310 until you are eligible for an upgrade and then seek out the Bold (if you are on AT&T, that is). If you are with another carrier then I would keep your 8310 until you are eligible to trade-in/upgrade and see what models are available then.

There will always be a shinier piece of candy on the shelf in the candy store. As in most things in life...computers, houses, cars, spouses/significant others...we are all prone to be tempted to seek a new piece of candy. The wise man/woman relishes the candy they have for they know the flavor of it. There is no guarantee that one will enjoy the taste of the new piece as much or as long.

Good luck!

Very well said...kudos!

koh
    koh no está en línea Stack level 2
    Here I am syking myself up about being able to exchange my phone within the first 30 days ;-) ... syking myself up about being able to exchange it for the Bold, and it hasn't even been released yet lol... well oh well, like other people have said on crackberry forums and others, "i love my curve maybe i'll get the bold and keep my 8310 for testing purposes."

So... sounds like a good game plan for me.

I'm just kind of irritated with the lack of physica memory. speed wise.

koH --- out