Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Originally Posted by penpower I'd say ditch the camera and give me the gps & ... BlackBerry Curve forum

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Re: 8310 vs 8320?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by penpower
    I'd say ditch the camera and give me the gps & wifi BB in a smaller and consumer oriented package.
    that'd sell less than a hot soup stand on a Texas summer day. consumers and cameras are wedded and what the electronic gods have brought together let no man break apart. amen.

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4

What I cant figure out is why cant they just add the video camera to the camera. It cant be that much more of a big deal to add. I'd love to record some clips and quickly email them.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by ocanyc
    What I cant figure out is why cant they just add the video camera to the camera. It cant be that much more of a big deal to add. I'd love to record some clips and quickly email them.
    well you have to remember RIM is about providing a service (solutions) first and foremost and the handsets they sell compliment that service. They put in a camera 6 years after the first LG camera phones were on the market and WiFi just this month. RIM really only adds features after they've been tried and proven in market and show benefit to any bb user, whether consumer or power user. 10-15s low res clips from a 1.3-2mp camera really wouldn't provide a needed service to this type of crowd, not to mention the unneeded strain it would put on the network if they provided BIS/BES support to open it & send it through email. The average BB user would be pretty P.O'd if they found out their PUSH services were potentially being slowed down for such sillyness.

BIS barely gives support to wavs and mp3's (500k cap), which is mainly to allow new services, such as email voicemails while keeping the strain on the network to a minimum, so I wouldn't imagine video support through email any time soon. Lets just rejoice we have 4.3 and streaming to look forward to. I think they're being more than generous with that.

ARHYTHMATIK no está en línea Stack level 2

Why not add video recording capabilities and again, put a cap on the size of video users are able to send? With the new ways videos are being utilized by web 2.0 sites (such as YouTube) and being integrated into more traditional mediums (TV with iCaught, etc.) RIM is going to slowly start losing consumers if they don't play catch up a little faster. Coming from WM back to a Berry, I really miss the video recording capabilities, and emailing the videos right to my YouTube account and having them upload automatically. Lovely. And 15 fps really isn't that bad to look at..
    But I think RIM is being smart about adding 3G. They are not releasing a 3G device until battery life can hold up. Very good move IMO.

But back to the lecture at hand- WIFI all the way. It opens doors for streaming video (i.e Slingbox pleeeease be ready when streaming is capable on a Berry!), streaming audio, and more. Also, have you ever used your phone roaming out of the country? Geeez! Brutally expensive. Like $3 a minute expensive. So imagine being able to connect to a wifi spot, make a call free of charge, AND check your email! Lovely indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by blackninja
    Lets just rejoice we have 4.3 and streaming to look forward to. I think they're being more than generous with that.
    Well thats 4.3 streaming on wifi correct, I know it aint on EDGE.

Quote Originally Posted by ARHYTHMATIK
    So imagine being able to connect to a wifi spot, make a call free of charge, AND check your email! Lovely indeed.
    Excuse me for my ignorance, but how exactly would you do this?

smhtennis no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by sanduneboi View Post
    I have to go with the GPS. Let's just say I'm directionaly challenged and I live in a not so populated area so wi-fi isn't widely available and besides I tether my curve to my laptop so I can have internet that's faster than dial up. That's all we can get out here. Hoping att gets the 8310 before the end of the month so I can exchange my 8300 for it. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

how did you tether you bb8310?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234