Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

What do you guys think? Which one you rather have, GPS or Wifi? And why? ... BlackBerry Curve forum

blueshark no está en línea Stack level 1

8310 vs 8320?

Advertisement

What do you guys think? Which one you rather have, GPS or Wifi? And why?

I am looking to get the curve, but I am not sure which one I should buy.

Thanks

jgreg no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: 8310 vs 8320?

For me it is hands down the 8320. It would be nice to have GPS but wi-fi will be much more useable for browsing and phone calls. The only real difference I see is the choice between GPS and wi-fi. In my situation, already having T-Mobile is a plus. I currently have the Pearl and love it but wish the screen was a little bigger.

stranjal7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    #ASK#

I think the 8320 with Wi-fi is the way to go. If you have the 8310 GPS then your stuck with just that option . But if you have the 8320 with wifi then you'll still have the option of having all three options of a camera wifi and Bluetooth , with the use of Bluetooth GPS reciever. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Since i don't drive around a lot, i prefer having the wifi instead. It would be great to have both gps and wifi in one device, but if i have to choose between the two.. wifi is a way to go.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

'nother vote for wifi if when i have to choose... just hate not knowing when the 8320 will hit the streets...

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

I am a big fan of WiFi for the fact it can provide UMA, higher speed browsing capabilities and will allow streaming media in a soon-to-be-released RIM update (for those of us who aren't on Verizon/Sprint and have no 3g), as well as provide a way for my bb to stay connected in weaker signal areas at work and some of the shotty spots when I visit family upstate NY. The hotspot areas are also constantly growing from malls even down to Burger King (the one close to Penn station gives free wifi).

I live in northern NJ and work/play in NYC a lot and we work on a grid system. It's pretty hard to get lost so I wouldn't really have much use for GPS. If I ever did feel the need for it I can always pick up a mini bt GPS, throw it on my keychain, bt connect and i'm ready to go. On the other hand you can't throw wifi onto a phone; It either has it or it doesn't.

VP
    VP no está en línea Stack level 2

i have to say the wifi. My main reason have alot more available features with the phone with tmo wifi calling plus you can always buy the match box size receiver for the GPS if it is really that much more important.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Dito on the 8320 for the same reasons stated above.

tomdkat no está en línea Stack level 3

I will be the first to vote for the 8310. I need GPS, half the time I can't find my way home.....

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D

I would have to say GPS. I don't think it's up to RIM to make up for the short comings of the slower networks. I see the appeal of wifi, but you already have to pay for some sort of data package for your phone to even function. It would be better to take advantage of a faster network and get a great feature that isn't redundant.

myrandomstuf no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E3B961

I am going with GPS. I work in a medium sized environment and many of our sales and construction development force are more dependent on finding their way than using WiFi.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mrnrandazzo no está en línea Stack level 2

I personaly would also go with the GPS built in. I must say having the option of finding what you want and how to get there w/o having to purchase a second piece of equipment (BT GPS Reciever) is great. And I am not "in the know" of the true bennies of the WI-FI in your phone. I know what WI-FI is but I don't see it being all that necessary in a phone other than wider media. Don't get me wrong I love media too, I guess I need to be filled in on the pros of WI-FI. For now I'm happy with my 8300.

fmastr no está en línea Stack level 1

GPS hands down ....... no puck to carry - that would be great - as long as AT+T didn't lock it to their TeleNav relationship and disable it otherwise. I really don't see the need for wifi - I don't see the value in voip when the device already makes cell calls and although faster browsing would be nice it really isn't that important - I'm browsing when I'm mobile on the BB and unlikely to be linked to a wifi network I have acess to anyway. If I'm home or in the office I'd be using my laptop rather than BB .......

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I have to say GPS as well. WiFi is virtually useless here in Perth unless you're with Telstra (funny thing really, the hotspots are unsecured but a PSP can't log on to them). I like my 8800 but wish it had a camera. 8310 is my next BB.

muck no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2054A42F

i have to go with GPS. we already have data plans.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast