will the 8310 ever get a new os upgrade? ive been stuck on 4.5 forever ... BlackBerry Curve forum

agent47 no está en línea Stack level 2

8310 upgrade?

Advertisement

will the 8310 ever get a new os upgrade? ive been stuck on 4.5 forever and so far from all the research ive done it looks like theres no hope for the 8310 to get a new upgrade....unfortunately its because of the internal memory? i dunno i think its retarded but i hope the 8310 will get a new upgrade...maybe 5.0...? i dunno but i jus wanna know.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I cannot say for 100% certainty, but yes, due to the lack of internal memory I would have to say it won't see 5.0. Especially with 6.0 coming soon, I foresee the 5.0 releases slowing down. For as long as 5.0 leaks have been coming out, for there not to be one yet for the 8310 means it likely won't get one.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    LOL. The 9000 hasnt even gotten a decent upgrade and I doubt, like Matt said, if the older phones will get any love since the new ones are being released.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

I agree. The 8310 doesn't have enough memory to get an upgrade . . . 5.0 is huge, a monster. I can't imagine how large 6 will be . . .

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    The 8330 is the only of the 83xx devices to get it, that's because it has 96mb memory vs. the 64mb on the earlier Curves. But even with the increased memory, the 8330 does not handle 5.0 very well at all....I actually downgraded back to 4.5 because the spinning hourglass made the phone unusable too much of the time. Time for a new device
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    I agree. The 8310 doesn't have enough memory to get an upgrade . . . 5.0 is huge, a monster. I can't imagine how large 6 will be . . .
    Im wondering is 256 going to be enough on our 9700s to adequately run it? your thoughts?
    ​Galaxy S4 Red