I have found some replacement screen lenses for the curve and found some videos of ... BlackBerry Curve forum

shaunslastname no está en línea Stack level 2

8310 Screen lens replacement

Advertisement

I have found some replacement screen lenses for the curve and found some videos of how to detach the faceplate but was wondering if anyone has experienced what it takes to get the lens off for replacement.

liquidsense no está en línea Stack level 2
    A very slow and deliberate pulling of the lens from the main faceplate. I would start by trying right near the earpiece, where there is a large enough gap. The adhesive they used is not ridgid -- so, a very slow pressure will work best

My faceplate was attached with what looked like a very very thin piece of double-sided adhesive. Either that, or the glue they used ultimately created a thin sheet. After I removed the old, I was able to peel away all of the adhesive and use my own adhesive. (In my case, I just needed to take the lens out, re-apply the adhesive, and put the same lens back. I'm not sure if your replacement lens comes with any new adhesive.)

Also, I would suggest having a can of compressed air ready. No matter how dustless your environment, you'll somehow manage to get a fleck on the screen.

I appreciate your help. I was thinking it was but wasn't sure. Now I just have to order my lens. Thank you!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I appreciate your help. I was thinking it was but wasn't sure. Now I just have to order my lens. Thank you!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jfpannone no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask

where?

Quote Originally Posted by shaunslastname View Post
    I have found some replacement screen lenses for the curve and found some videos of how to detach the faceplate but was wondering if anyone has experienced what it takes to get the lens off for replacement.
    Shaunslastname,

where did you find the replacement screens - my screen is all scratched up and could use a new one as well.

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jfpannone View Post
    Shaunslastname,

where did you find the replacement screens - my screen is all scratched up and could use a new one as well.

thanks.
    try ebay i have found alot on there and there are even different colors to match your phone. Some even claim to be OEM

mdh00 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Make sure you put a screen protector on your new screen! It's so much easier and cost efficient to replace those! A little tip for you Curve owners is buy screen protectors for the Sony PSP. Cut them in half they are a perfect fit for your Curve. (and probably any other BBs with the same size screen). ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    If you want a video of how to take the curve apart look on www.cnn.cn site. They have a video there on how to do it. They also sell a lot of OEM parts. Have used them myself and very happy with it as have many other stackers.