I have a Pearl and just purchased an AT&T Curve 8310 from Craig's List yesterday ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Jme203 no está en línea Stack level 1

8310 Reboots itself, help!

Advertisement

I have a Pearl and just purchased an AT&T Curve 8310 from Craig's List yesterday (he used the phone with TMobile also) and when I met the guy and put my SIM in, everything worked fine. I paid him and when I got home and started playing with the phone more, as soon as I accessed the browser, the phone turned off and rebooted on its own. It continued to do this for some time. When the phone would reboot and the menu would come up, I had to constantly be active with the phone, if I let it sit for a minute or so, it would turn off again. Once when the phone was letting me use it and I was looking through the menu, I tried doing the Setup Wizard hoping that would help. At one point it asked me if I wanted to associate the new PIN with the new phone. I said yes. I think this is where I made my mistake.

I gave up last night and today I called TMobile. The woman I spoke with told me if I could run through the Application Loader, that should solve the reboot issue. As of now, Desktop Manager is not recognizing my Curve PIN number, nor my Pearl. Suggestions? Please tell me there is another option than getting my money back! (He was kind enough to offer this)

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Close DM, Try going into c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader. There you will see a file named loader. Connect your BB and try running it. I don't think this will fix the reboot issue but it's worth a shot. Also if you have another battery I would try that too.

Jme203 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Close DM, Try going into c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader. There you will see a file named loader. Connect your BB and try running it. I don't think this will fix the reboot issue but it's worth a shot. Also if you have another battery I would try that too.
    Thanks, and I did try it. No luck.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Try looking here and see if it offers you any help. Also have you downloaded and installed the devices operating to your pc?