Is it possible to load the OS for an 8310 onto an 8300? If so, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

BronsCon no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 8310 OS on 8300

Advertisement

Is it possible to load the OS for an 8310 onto an 8300?
    If so, how?

Has it even been tried before?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    From what I've read, the desktop manager will not even recognize the the OS if it's not for your specific device so it won't even try load it.

You can use the OS from a different carrier as long as it is one meant for your specific device model and you delete the vendor .xml.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

I was able to load an OS meant for a Pearl onto my Curve once. Wouldn't boot and I had to reload the 8300 OS (only because it was the newest proper OS I could find).

I'm asking because I have a (legally obtained, look for it, carriers have it available) 4.3 OS for the 8310 that I would like to try and shoehorn onto this 8300.

I've deleted my vendor.xml and edited platform.alx and specification.pkg files to indicate the 3800 rather than the 3810. Anything else I might try, as it still doesn't try to install it.

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Usually destop manager won't even recognized the phone even if you do that because I have multiple balckberry OS on my computer for each different blackberry device 8310 8300 So I wouldn't even try messing with it but that's my oponion am sure a new OS will be out soon for your phone

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

If you have a legally obtained/carrier posted 4.3 for the 8310 you should, at the very least, post the carrier info

I personally have tried loading the 4.3 8130/8120 os onto my 8100 and DM didn't even recognize it as compatible.

If I get it working, I'll post it

RIM has I nice list of carriers and links to download sites for each of them, I'm sure everyone here knows

Never said it was 'properly' obtained. Just legally.

dts51 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask ;-)
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~8310 os will not work on 8300.

cherrichiodo - It's odd that I was able to load an 8100 OS onto my 8300 but can't do the same (modifying the same files) with an 8310 OS.

Oh and I played with the 8100 OS a LOT to try and get it to work once I was able to load it successfully.

the 4.3 OSes I have tried (including the one for the 8100) were from CDMA carriers. I dropped the GSM-related files in and edited the specifications file to get it to successfully load. The one success I had with that failed to boot because it was meant for a different series altogether.

The only reason I'm even trying this is because it's at least the same series...

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by BronsCon View Post
    cherrichiodo - It's odd that I was able to load an 8100 OS onto my 8300 but can't do the same (modifying the same files) with an 8310 OS.

Oh and I played with the 8100 OS a LOT to try and get it to work once I was able to load it successfully.

the 4.3 OSes I have tried (including the one for the 8100) were from CDMA carriers. I dropped the GSM-related files in and edited the specifications file to get it to successfully load. The one success I had with that failed to boot because it was meant for a different series altogether.

The only reason I'm even trying this is because it's at least the same series...
    Ya. Aside from messing with the coding, I have just about every avail OS out there for all devices. Tried reverse. Nothing. Tried 8120 on 8100. Nothing.

Logically you think it would work. Maybe if you are smart enough to fig out which code needs to be changed or altered.