Hi everybody I am travelling to the UK for the first time so I would ... BlackBerry Curve forum

tonys no está en línea Stack level 1

8310 on vodafone uk prepaid

Advertisement

Hi everybody

I am travelling to the UK for the first time so I would love if my bb's google maps would work in the UK on a Vodafone prepaid sim (roaming data on my south african is too costly).
    I'm not concerned about being able t use BIS services while on the prepaid sim, as long as I can use google maps if I need to.
    I tried getting googlemaps to work on one of my prepaid sims in SA and google maps says there is no data conecrion (I did set the internt apn in TCP settings)
    If anubody knows how to do this please let me know.
    My PIN is 2522F454

LLceleb no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

Re: 8310 on vodafone uk prepaid

u need a data plan
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD

tekgirl no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 8310 on vodafone uk prepaid

Hi Tony,

To use Google Maps you would need to have an internet connection on the Blackberry.

Unfortunately if you were to put a Pay As You Talk (PAYT) SIM card in the phone you wouldn't be able to get an internet connection. Blackberry devices use the blackberry access point to connect, this isn't available on PAYT numbers due to the monthly subscription you have to pay for the service.

It is possible that Google Maps would work keeping your South African SIM card in the phone, but this may lead to high roaming charges.

Hope this helps,

Techgirl
    Vodafone UK