I have an 8310 that will not turn on with the on switch, if I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

finisher88 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 8310 on switch not working

Advertisement

I have an 8310 that will not turn on with the on switch, if I remove and install the battery, it works just fine. I have removed the chrome button and tried turning it on directly on the mother board switch , thinking the rubber part was worn out, still no go. Any one changed the switch on the mother board or know how to test the switch or wear to buy a switch?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Welcome to PinStack, finisher.

There are a few online sources for parts for your BlackBerry. Many of us have experience with www.cnn.cn. They even have a library of videos with instructions for certain repairs. Not sure if your issue is one of them, but they might just have the part you need, although a quick glance at the site came up empty for me.

You might need the pad that goes underneath the physical keyboard, which they definitely have. At any rate, take a look and see if they have what you need.

Thx for the link Roger G, I could not find a switch there but I may contact them and see. I just had a good look at the motherboard and the lcd connector is behind the switch might be a little tense putting a hot iron near it, however if I can find a switch I will give it a try ( maybe) thx for the welcome and looks like a great site hear.

I'm not exactly sure what part it is that you need, but you might be better off contacting a local company as cnn.cn is in China.

There are a couple that I've heard good things about.....www.bbrepairshop.com and www.dealsishop.com. They're both here in the States and should be able to point you in the right direction.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Roger

Great links there, well I figured out my problem , I am new to the 8310 and did not realize that you hold the red button down to turn it off and on, my other phone is an 8820 and you push the button on top to turn it on oh well live and learn, thanks for your help.

DOH! I was wondering about that, which is why I was referring you to a new keyboard assembly.

Glad you got it sorted out.