First time posting here...you guys seem to know what you are talking about so i ... BlackBerry Curve forum

blackrhino no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 8310 on FIDO network?

Advertisement

First time posting here...you guys seem to know what you are talking about so i thought i'd ask a question.

If i use a BB Curve 8310 on the FIDO network (Ontario), what are the limitations?

I tried putting my FIDO sim card in this phone and a lot of icons do not show. There is no Browser or E-mail icon in the Applications....

Maps do not work...only diagonal lines...

Of course without the browser there is a lot that you CANNOT do on the phone. Everything else seems pretty good.

Is there a way to unlock the browser and maps while on the FIDO network?

Thanks in advance for any replies

blackrhino no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb oh yeah...one more thing

what is the password keeper?

I forgot the password for the password keeper, and i am on my 8th of 10 attempts.....what will happen should i reach 10?

thanks again

SManYYZ no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have one. The only problem I have found is no ability to use BES, only BIS.

prodigee no está en línea Stack level 2
    there is a way to unlock the browser & maps on the FIDO network: you have to sign up for the BB Connect plan. i'm on one that's $40/7mb.

the password keeper stores your log ins & passwords (you can use it for other things. after 10 tries; you'll lose all the passwords inside that keeper.

also, i went on the $20 value pack with wap browsing & msn portal crap before i hit the BB Connect. DO NOT DO THAT.
    i didn't realize that the msn messaging was just for msn to sms & i installed Jivetalk. i know that alot of the data i used was on Opera Mini but i only browsed once in a while. anyway, from a bill that was about $80/mo, jumped to $200.

just don't make that mistake & order yourself a BB Connect plan.