Hey all, I upgraded to 4.5.046 and that worked fine, and my BB works fine, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Quadzer no está en línea Stack level 1

8310 no usb connect

Advertisement

Hey all, I upgraded to 4.5.046 and that worked fine, and my BB works fine, cept for when I hook up to USB port I get nothing. No computer beep, no connection to BB desktop 4.6. But I do get the charge icon on my BB. I'v checked under advance options for the media card, and its set to come on when pluged in. I just found this out late last night and have not really got to troubleshoot it much. Just wanted to see if someone had a quick insite.

apmartin no está en línea Device Pro
    What happens when you go to Advanced Options and try to manually connect the device to the PC?

Also, does your device connect to the PC when the media card is removed?

I don't see a way to manually connect to the computer under advance options. And as far as removing the media card, nope, not done that yet. Will try that when I get home this evening

apmartin no está en línea Device Pro
    This guide should help you resolve this issue:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...uter_wont.html

Well I did some checking and I think my USB port is bad, the only thing I can come up with. My BB charges fine with the wall power cord, but when I plug in the USB my charge icon comes on but then goes off. And I can't connect usb, and I even tryed javaloader.exe to connect. I also hooked up my BB to my wifes computer and nothing. Any one know of a usb fix?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Quadzer View Post
    Well I did some checking and I think my USB port is bad, the only thing I can come up with. My BB charges fine with the wall power cord, but when I plug in the USB my charge icon comes on but then goes off. And I can't connect usb, and I even tryed javaloader.exe to connect. I also hooked up my BB to my wifes computer and nothing. Any one know of a usb fix?
    The connector that attaches to your device on the wall charger is the same as the USB cable version. This sounds more like the USB cable is bad, not the port itself. You need to get a new USB cable.

That is what I thought too, I have tried three different cables.

slater no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32c95540
    I had that problem once and it was the usb cord but since you troubleshooted that it must be the port on the phone

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by Quadzer View Post
    That is what I thought too, I have tried three different cables.
    Then it's not the USB port on your device, it's the port on your PC. I doesn't make sense that the wall charger would work and your cable doesn't. I know you said you even tried your wife's PC, but do you have more than one port on the PC that you can use?

Yep iv got quite a few ports on my pc I treid two different ones. I can look at my usb port on my phone and can't see the middle pin. Do you all have all 5 pins on your usb plug on the BB

Looks like you need all 5 pins on your usb port. I took a small stright pin, and bent the end slighty. Turned off my BB the took the pin and poked from the bottom of the usb port and slighty pushed the bad pin up in place. And I'm happy to report my usb port is now working. I made a quick backup now need to see about getting it fixed for good.

Cool. Glad you got it resolved. Still strange that one connector would work while another didn't.