OK....not a long time poster here, but I keep a good eye on the forums...and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

txfire no está en línea Stack level 1

8310 locks/resets?? HELP

Advertisement

OK....not a long time poster here, but I keep a good eye on the forums...and I know there is some smart people here and I need help!!

My 8310 is getting where it will freeze up and lock down. If I leave it alone, it takes usually 10-20 minutes and it comes back to normal status OR I can pop the battery out and back in and it's fine. Either way I do it....I lose all texts that aren't saved and my call data is gone. Emails are still there...just texts are gone.

I don't know what to do about it. Can anyone help with this????

Thank you.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    your device might be low in memory,

go to options, status and post what it say under free memory is the third line i think
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

tilga no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2489CB83
    my 8310 is doing the same thing.. File Free: 6701512 bytes, it says.

i have saved absolutely all of my pix on my media card. same with vid and music. why would it suddenly begin freezing up?

i think it started this after the latest OS upgrade...i hope i don't hafta downgrade...

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Do you have any other apps running in the background. I know for a while viggo was a huge memory hog and also some other apps could make your device to lock up. The upgrade should not be the case though. After all it is official and not beta. Try not to run so many apps at once or remove the app that's causing your device to lock up. Good luck
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

tilga no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2489CB83
    i'll double check my apps. but i don't run any more now than i did a few weeks ago and this is a new issue for my phone.