Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi .. I need some serious help .. I have two brand new 8310 Curve ... BlackBerry Curve forum

speed42006 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down 8310 keep rebooting

Advertisement

Hi ..
    I need some serious help .. I have two brand new 8310 Curve ..My brotehr downlaod somehting and both units start rebooting .. its turn on and wait till screen comes up and then reboot in 4 seconds ..both doing the same .. some time its just on wait indicator and just wait for 20 min ..after it will comeon but as soon as start using and turn on radio it will reboot again ..
    here what ive done

I did new install form scratch more then 3-4 times .. by removing batt and delete vendor file ..erase and reincstall on both unit more then 3-4 times but still the same .. one unit now its always on wait after new OS install ..
    I tried hard reset and both batt brand new .. I have one more unit and made sure batt are fine .. funny and confusing part is if I wait till its reboot for 15 min and If its connected to computer it will be fine..
    its wont reboot and i can start using and changing options ..as soo as unplug USB its reboot again .. As i said ..Batt is fine and both unit is day old ..
    Plz help me ..I already did fresh install by using desktop ..I tried to use JL cmdr but insructions wasnt clear ..i dont know what to do with that and its shows icon on my desktop ..when i click on it its just give me couple options and wont detect my rim on jl cmdr .. regardless I did fresh install by removing batt and all this ..its should be the same ..
    any IDea : (
    Last edited by speed42006; 12-21-2007 at 05:10 PM.

kkwus74 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    320FB874

Re: 8310 keep rebooting

i had the same prob yesterday......somehow managed to get mine back up and running like before...let me know if you still need help...i know its distressing......i really was yesterday.......lol

I did not backup because it was brand new.. where can i find backup file blank to default factory setting s? or if anyone can do that for me plz

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

The download your brother did, how was it done, OTA or through Desktop manager? If the latter, make sure it is unchecked when you try to reload the OS.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

lesawag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

I wonder if it was handango ota link?? I sure would like to know what link it was, can u ask ur brother?? I want to stay away from any links that might mess up my 8130, since I've managed to screw up 4 pearls in 4 nights before it was traced back to that ota link. My new pearl has lasted 24 hours and counting by staying away from that handango ota link! Yeah!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by speed42006 View Post
    I did not backup because it was brand new.. where can i find backup file blank to default factory setting s? or if anyone can do that for me plz
    1. Start by Downloading and installing JL_Cmder, see that link for instructions.
      BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites.
    2. Connect you BB to you PC
    3. Open JL_Cmder,
    4. Select the Wipe Option (5)
    5. Follow the instructions in this thread very carefully, How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't recognize The Device Is Connected
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    320FB874

yea....it is the handango link........mine happened immediately after installing that link......

lesawag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Yes just like my pearls. I put up a warning about that link yesterday. Im sorry for ur pearls, hopefully you will have better luck than we did in those repairs. We tried everything here exactly step by step. Let us know how u make out. Good luck, if anyone can help these stackers can! Lesa

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    1. Start by Downloading and installing JL_Cmder, see that link for instructions.
      BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites.
    2. Connect you BB to you PC
    3. Open JL_Cmder,
    4. Select the Wipe Option (5)
    5. Follow the instructions in this thread very carefully, How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't recognize The Device Is Connected
    I will try this again.. is anyone have blank backup file for 8310 ?

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

I will try this again.. is anyone have blank backup file for 8310 ?
    Not sure what you're asking for here.
    When you follow the above directions your BB will be completely wiped
    and blank.
    Only if you have backed it up using DM will you have a file with all of your info backed up
    to restore to once the OS reinstall is complete.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl View Post
    Not sure what you're asking for here.
    When you follow the above directions your BB will be completely wiped
    and blank.
    Only if you have backed it up using DM will you have a file with all of your info backed up
    to restore to once the OS reinstall is complete.

I used wipe option and reinstall OS ..samething.. connected to USB and waited till unit booted ..took 20 min then works fine liek have no problem at all..I even used back up and restroe..works ok.. from blackberry I used wipe and wiped the unit..works fine but as soon as unplug USB after using for 20 second reboots.. its not Batt issue ..tried 3 difrent batt .. its take forever to boot and then just boom reboot.. starting to get pissed off at it now .. now I took the batt out and waiting to reboot ..not plug ot USB an dtaking forever .. Any Idea guys ?

PIN/ID
    320FB874

thats ok....i managed to get my pearl back up an running .........did u managed to?

PIN/ID
    320FB874

lesawaq.......did u mamaged to get yours up and running?i did my with the battery on and it worked.......

Quote Originally Posted by kkwus74 View Post
    lesawaq.......did u mamaged to get yours up and running?i did my with the battery on and it worked.......

nah man ..its still rebooting wheni unplug USB im lost now

I used wipe option and reinstall OS ..samething.. connected to USB and waited till unit booted ..took 20 min then works fine liek have no problem at all..I even used back up and restroe..works ok.. from blackberry I used wipe and wiped the unit..works fine but as soon as unplug USB after using for 20 second reboots.. its not Batt issue ..tried 3 difrent batt .. its take forever to boot and then just boom reboot.. starting to get pissed off at it now .. now I took the batt out and waiting to reboot ..not plug ot USB an dtaking forever .. Any Idea guys ?
    still no luck.. its look like not sensing batt and rebooting ..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast