Hi, our IT forces us to auto-lock the device after some minutes unused - when ... BlackBerry Curve forum

wpkwrs no está en línea Stack level 1

8310 - IT forces to auto-lock the device

Advertisement

Hi,

our IT forces us to auto-lock the device after some minutes unused - when you use it again, you have to enter a password. The advantage is if you loose the device, nobody can read or write emails from your account - however, if I would loos it, IT can delete the stuff - right? Also I do not keep important emails in my inbox.

Does someone know if it is possible to remove this auto-lock? I have seen some threads about removing IT-policy, but it seemed to me as this is only possible when you swipe the phone first and also it removes all the IT policies, but I just want to get rid of the auto-lock.

Thx

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    You won't be able to remove only the autolock unless you talk to your IT team(besadmin) if you buy him/her a box of doughnuts maybe they will increase the timeout~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

KeNNethX no está en línea Stack level 3
    Speaking as a BES-Admin...are you one of my customers?...please realize that your Admin is not just trying to protect you but company data. If a thief gets into your blackberry and turns wireless off...the kill command won't matter...and what about the lapse between when you know its missing and you get in touch with your IT guy? How much damage could be done. What if you don't have it stolen, but you put your berry down somewhere and a colleague or outside associate takes a look at it....you say "I do not keep important emails in my inbox". Do you file important emails? Those are still accessible...is there important info on your your company's Intranet?
    Your IT guy is there to protect your Company's data first and then your second. Please don't be cavalier about security!
    When in Doubt, Pop the Battery Out!

KeNNethX no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by kieranwest View Post
    You won't be able to remove only the autolock unless you talk to your IT team(besadmin) if you buy him/her a box of doughnuts maybe they will increase the timeout~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    fyi...I do make the timeout an hour for those who buy me donuts...LOL!!
    When in Doubt, Pop the Battery Out!