I did a battery pull but its still shutting down at random times throughout the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

nadastar no está en línea Stack level 1

8310 is randomly shutting down...

Advertisement

I did a battery pull but its still shutting down at random times throughout the day. The auto on/off is disabled...any thoughts?

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    do you happen to have a beta version of 4.5 installed on your 8310? Maybe try taking the memory card out.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Could it be a memory issue? How much memory do you have? To check your file free, press the left alt + left shift + h. That should tell you how much memory you have, amongst other bb system info.

labevlol no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE
    Quote Originally Posted by melissaox View Post
    do you happen to have a beta version of 4.5 installed on your 8310? Maybe try taking the memory card out.
    Are you saying this is the reason for restarts with the 4.5 os?

dilipc no está en línea Stack level 3
    @Kyo0tdemon.. many thanks for that great shortcut (alt+left shift+h). I've been using a BB for a year, but didn't know about it!

@labevlol... yes indeed. It has been found that in some cases, 4.5 does go into a restart loop...

I don't have a memory card...is this the issue?

justajason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C7F74
    I'm thinking the battery terminals are dirty, or the battery is acting up. If its still under the manufacturers warranty, I'd say take it in and stomp yer feet! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by nadastar View Post
    I don't have a memory card...is this the issue?
    Well, you can only store your music, pictures, videos and ringtones on your media card (micro sd). Your apps, emails, sms text msgs, mms, preloaded ringtones, preloaded wall papers and etc. are stored on your phone, using the 64mb that came with the phone. You may want to buy a memory card if you are taking pictures. That way, the pictures are stored to your memory card rather than on your phone.

What is your file free? Basically, after you press LEFT ALT + LEFT SHIFT + H, scroll to the bottom. What does it say after File Free?

igabc20 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Man I have the same issue. I recently upgraded to 4.5 beta. N it keeps randmly restarting.On the phone it says for file free it 20557432 bytes. N I also have a 1gb memory card. Am I doin somethng wrng.

KeNNethX no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by igabc20 View Post
    Man I have the same issue. I recently upgraded to 4.5 beta. N it keeps randmly restarting.On the phone it says for file free it 20557432 bytes. N I also have a 1gb memory card. Am I doin somethng wrng.
    As others have said...you can't run apps from a card...only media/docs and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by igabc20 View Post
    Hmm, your memory (file free) seems good. Normally, bb's have problems when the memory is about 16-17mb or less. Perhaps it's the OS? Maybe you should try reinstalling it? Is it compatible with your bb?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo0tdemon View Post
    Well, you can only store your music, pictures, videos and ringtones on your media card (micro sd). Your apps, emails, sms text msgs, mms, preloaded ringtones, preloaded wall papers and etc. are stored on your phone, using the 64mb that came with the phone. You may want to buy a memory card if you are taking pictures. That way, the pictures are stored to your memory card rather than on your phone.

What is your file free? Basically, after you press LEFT ALT + LEFT SHIFT + H, scroll to the bottom. What does it say after File Free?

My memory says I have 54919168Bytes

igabc20 no está en línea Stack level 1
    When I downloaded the OS, it did saud that it s compatible with my 8300.