i just got a BB 8310. i love this phone. its great in virtually all ... BlackBerry Curve forum

baseballkyle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

8310 - great phone, but static?

Advertisement

i just got a BB 8310. i love this phone. its great in virtually all areas, except phone call quality (for me anyways). i have just started getting static on calls over the last few days. static that is solely on my end. i have called various people from landlines at various times, and the problem is not unique to any one situation. but the static is fairly consistent, but not all the time. its happened w/ the latest AT&T 8310 OS and on the latest greatest SunCom 8310 OS. i've wiped and reloaded already. every call has been made with at least 4-5 bars.

anyone else had this problem? any ideas?

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Re: 8310 - great phone, but static?

I would try taking the phone back to wherever you got it. See if they can duplicate and swap you for a new phone. I wonder if your earpiece is bad.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

lesawag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Yeah take it back if u can, I've never had any static, mine is clear as a bell. Good luck.

ak602 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Have them replace you sim card. I had the same exact problem. I had to diagnose it myself. I had the same static across 3 blackberrys and it just came to me that the only common thing was the sim card.
    I can almost guarantee thats the problem.

Prorock no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ak602 View Post
    Have them replace you sim card. I had the same exact problem. I had to diagnose it myself. I had the same static across 3 blackberrys and it just came to me that the only common thing was the sim card.
    I can almost guarantee thats the problem.
    An old sim card can lead to all sorts of strange problems. I would change the sim if it is over 3 years old.

baseballkyle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

the SIM is actually not that old, but i am going to go and have it replaced anyways. i have always had top notch voice quality on the 8300 BBs, just not this particular 8310......and most others do not have an issue either. so i will give the new sim a shot, and if not i will replace as i am within my 30 days still

here is ak602's original link talking about this topic: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ack_berry.html
    Last edited by baseballkyle; 01-04-2008 at 05:47 PM.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Based on my experience, a sim can create any number of odd symptoms. Also just because it may be a new card or work fine in another phone does not mean a lot either. Especially since the sim contacts are in slightly different positions in different models.
    If you look very closely at the contacts on a sim card you will notice that those contacts are rather wide. They tend to oxidize in the areas that are not in direct contact with the phones contacts.
    Here is what I do to be prepared for this type of issue. First I go to my carrier (AT&T) and ask for a new sim to be activated, after which we test it & all is well. Then I ask them for another new sim to keep as a spare. This way if I have a future need, I already have the sim & only need to call in to have it activated.
    There is one other option if you cannot get to the store, & that is to use a clean pencil eraser and scrub the sim contacts with it. This will remove enough of the oxidation & corrosion to get it working in 95% of the cases.

~via Red BB 8130 (wap.pinstack.com)~