Something cool that i picked up over the weekend, the Windows Live Search app will ... BlackBerry Curve forum

s0ur888 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2066DAB6

8310 GPS working with Windows Live Search

Advertisement

Something cool that i picked up over the weekend, the Windows Live Search app will work on the blackberries with the 15 dollar email plan with rogers. Its kinda tricky at first, you'll need opera in order to do this, but you need to download the jad file onto ur computer, i can give u guys links later but im just at work, and then i got my second job after this, so maybe tonight around midnight CST i'll just post the links so u can download the files to install.

anywho.

tried it out this morning, GPS tracked my path from home all the way to work pretty good, it has a neat feature like for finding movies in the area and what not, cept its mostly for US based cities, you can change the gps and movie finder to the city you live in manually.

i had found the thread from howard forums. too bad im on my work computer and not my home laptop other wise i'd have the links for u guys

*update

k heres the links, 4 files in total, you'll need to download this (preferably with firefox)

the jad file: http://mobile.search.live.com/client...ive_search.jad
    cod1: http://mobile.search.live.com/client...e_search-1.cod
    cod2: http://mobile.search.live.com/client...e_search-2.cod
    main cod file: http://mobile.search.live.com/client...ive_search.cod

so after you guys download those 4 files, place them onto your memory card via media manager, you can create a new folder if you like. After you have copied those files onto your memory card, disconnect the device from your computer, open up the media application, then press the blackberry icon, click browse, go into your memory card, and goto the location where you saved those 4 files. Run the .jad file and it will install from there. Afterwards run the application, it will update, then you will be able to use the program.

once the program is running, press the bb menu key and goto options, select configure gps, its set to disabled but you'll want to change it to blackberry gps. then head back out and save. once your back at the main menu, in the near field, change it to whatever city you live in, you'll have to enter it manually as this only contains american cities, but it'll still work with canadian cities, worked with winnipeg .

hope u guys like it, its really convenient, especially the movie finder, tells you the showtimes and everything and which theatre its playing at.
    Last edited by s0ur888; 02-05-2008 at 03:47 AM.

PIN/ID
    2066DAB6

Re: 8310 GPS working with Windows Live Search

enjoy

BrotherSmirnoff no está en línea Stack level 2

sOur888 you rock!

PIN/ID
    AskMe

Hey i quoted your instructions for my big tutorial I gave you all the credits dont worry hehe

PIN/ID
    AskMe

Actually be careful with this app guys

I TOOK OFF THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR LiveSearch because after actually setting it up to direct HTTP and not media.com (thanks bonder for the heads up) IT DOES NOT WORK ANYMORE. So i dont know if using media.com will get you charged or not but i wont take the chance. maybe s0ur888 can let us know when he gets his bill. It worked for me on media.com and used it for 3seconds to check but after i set it up to direct HTTP it stopped working. So i personnaly am taking it off.[/COLOR][/B]

Thats what i wrote on my tutorial you might wanna be EXTRA careful ...

PIN/ID
    2066DAB6

okay, thanks ranxoren, i'll let u know if i get any data charges

PIN/ID
    AskMe

aight