Has anyones curve turn into a curling iron.sometimes my bb gets really hot.and I feel ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ag_one80 no está en línea Stack level 3

8310 getting really hot

Advertisement

Has anyones curve turn into a curling iron.sometimes my bb gets really hot.and I feel like it slow down my bb.those anyone have this problem?

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    Do you use your device alot? As current flows through the battery, it generates heat. Likely not a problem.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    bad news, hopefully its just a battery issue. had the exact same thing happen to a Razor I used to have, the phone did not last long after it started doing that. hope you have better luck.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    That is definitely not normal. No way should your device be generating that much heat that it gets hot to the touch, no matter how much you use it.

kolosus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    315677A8
    If I have my phone plugged in (charging) during a conversation on the phone then the battery gets hot. The phone itself is not generating heat. The battery is. Is this the case with yours too? If not you may want to change the battery. Or atleast have a 2nd one handy nearby, as nothing kills a lit-ion battery like heat. And if its generating its own heat then the future looks grim.

Quote Originally Posted by kolosus View Post
    If I have my phone plugged in (charging) during a conversation on the phone then the battery gets hot. The phone itself is not generating heat. The battery is. Is this the case with yours too? If not you may want to change the battery. Or atleast have a 2nd one handy nearby, as nothing kills a lit-ion battery like heat. And if its generating its own heat then the future looks grim.
    it gets hot when I charge it,but when I use it,(not charging)it gets warm,should I worrie?

betavirus no está en línea Stack level 2
    You either have a defective battery or defective charger. Easy way to find out is ti charge from the USB Cable connected to your computer.

There are many 3rd party chargers that are not rated for the BB battery. If it gets hot it's not right!

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by ag_one80 View Post
    Has anyones curve turn into a curling iron.sometimes my bb gets really hot.and I feel like it slow down my bb.those anyone have this problem?

That is a problem with the Battery, call CS and explain the issue and I'm sure they will offer to send you a battery.

Antgod no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2148A220
    happened to me on my curve.thought it was the battery ,tried the battery in a different curve battery was good ,it was my phone.the phone was bad had to get new one(phone)

Quote Originally Posted by betavirus View Post
    You either have a defective battery or defective charger. Easy way to find out is ti charge from the USB Cable connected to your computer.

There are many 3rd party chargers that are not rated for the BB battery. If it gets hot it's not right!
    iam using the charger that came in my BB.but it still gets kind of warm.what dose charging my bb on computer prove?

Quote Originally Posted by Antgod View Post
    happened to me on my curve.thought it was the battery ,tried the battery in a different curve battery was good ,it was my phone.the phone was bad had to get new one(phone)
    how did you get a new bb,since there's no insurance for this phone?

jayeverette no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2437b3bd
    If I had to take a guess it was probably under warranty. I did it myself about a month ago because I had an issue with my usb port. at&t sent me a new one, and I sent the old one back. Gotta love warranty exchange! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jayeverette no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2437b3bd
    Forgot to say, I would call your service provider and exchange it out (device and battery) if its within a year of owning your device.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I think when its all said and done that you will find thats its not a battery issue, but a device issue