Hi, I just bought my 8310 a couple days ago i love it, i had ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Sofiek no está en línea Stack level 1

8310 deleting call log/text messages on its own

Advertisement

Hi, I just bought my 8310 a couple days ago i love it, i had a pearl before but its been deleting all of my text messages and call log... i went through the settings and everything looks right i have it set to confirm any kind of deleting. I think its a softeware issue im not sure though, has anyone else had this problem? i did the application loader on the cdomputer but its still doing it help?
    thankss!!

Spotz718 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 8310 deleting call log/text messages on its own

Hi
    I'm having the same problem my curve 8320 is there anybody knows what's going on .

adam0563 no está en línea Stack level 1

It automatically does this when it runs out of space. To stop it just reset the device (take out the battery) and take off some applications when it loads back up.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Your device is low on memory, try this thread:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...sms_mms_e.html
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

vdiddy no está en línea Stack level 2

OMG! The same thing was happening to me like 2 days ago. I had to call T-Mobile and the guy said it was because of low memory space or a software issue...but thats not true for me because I have a memory card. Call your dealer and make sure that your phone number matches your new blackberry's pin number....I have switched from the 8700 to the 8800 and now to the curve and every single time this was an issue. A battery pull may just do the trick as well.

Worm no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by vdiddy View Post
    OMG! The same thing was happening to me like 2 days ago. I had to call T-Mobile and the guy said it was because of low memory space or a software issue...but thats not true for me because I have a memory card. Call your dealer and make sure that your phone number matches your new blackberry's pin number....I have switched from the 8700 to the 8800 and now to the curve and every single time this was an issue. A battery pull may just do the trick as well.
    Sounds like the T-Mobile guy gave good advice vdiddy

Even with an SD card there is scant memory and unless you are uninstalling additional language support etc you may well run into problems (have you checked?) . There is also an issue using "Switch Application", it retains memory, to free up memory after using anything but close, hard reset.

Having your PIN registered to your BIS account has zero to do with "losing" this data. It would stop you receiving e-mail under BIS but that's it. Moreover this is generally something you should do on you SP's web support site. This then couples the part that cares about your mobile no., the part you connect to, with the BIS account/server.

Appreciate your sentiments m8, but better to comment that you to have experienced than to guess

cheers

Worm

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5

Once in a while, you should clear your event log. I do that every day since my call logs seem to disappear on its own as well. When you clear your even log, it frees up some memory and makes my bb a little bit faster since I do have like 3-4 apps installed. To clear up your even log, press ALT+L+G+L+G. Then press on the bb key. Go to "Clear Log" and press on it. Then verify deletion. I hope that helps.

Sofiek no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks every body, yeah i moved all of my ringtones and pictures to a 1gb sd card..and it still seems to be doing it so ill have to clear my event log
    Last edited by Sofiek; 02-06-2008 at 12:06 AM.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

If you have a lot of themes that they take up a lot of phone memory also.