Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have read that when you attempt to download the 4.5 from your DM to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional

8310 curve os 4.2 to 4.5

Advertisement

I have read that when you attempt to download the 4.5 from your DM to your phone you need the 4.6 DM version. is this true? Also, what is the difference between the versions DM MEDIA , and the version without the MEDIA?

iLord is DEAD!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Corbin,

You don't necessarily need 4.6 DM, but we'd highly recommend it. I'd also recommend you download the version withOUT Media Manager. I've never used it, but have not heard many flattering things about it. If you have a media card, you don't need it anyway as you can then drag and drop media from your PC to folders on the card.

Hope this helps!

BTW, you can find a link to download DM in the FAQ link in my signature.

Roger

Your awesome man, gonna try it now.

iLord is DEAD!

Good luck! Post back if you have any questions. There's a thread in the FAQ link with upgrade instructions if you need them. Follow those and you should have no issues.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Corbin,

............. I'd also recommend you download the version withOUT Media Manager. I've never used it, but .................
    I don't use it that much but always download the version with it. I have found it quit difficult to use with the later versions. It may always have been. I usually try for a while, sometimes successful and sometimes not, and then copy and paste like you suggested. It DOES take longer to DL and I probably ought to just leave it out in the future.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 12-16-2008 at 10:41 AM.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

I've downloaded both, JB. Never used it, though so figured why waste the disk space?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    I've downloaded both, JB. Never used it, though so figured why waste the disk space?
    You ought to try it again, Ro. Maybe you could figure it out and write a "how to" for it - it's a mess to figure out...when it works!

...and Sooner, I agree that 4.6 is a good Desktop Manager. Recommend you DO NOT go to DM 4.7 - still too many issues with it.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

I just might do that sometime, JB.

I just finished and all is well guys, thanks for the imput. i am now running DM 4.6, and 4.5 on system. the DM, is so much easier than the 4.2 version. One last question, I have put a picture up for my profile, sometime ago, and some has mentioned to me that the do not see it, but i do. (on PC) Do you see it?

iLord is DEAD!

Well, PinStack is not loading very well at the moment, so I can't say for sure, Corbin!

You can add a profile picture as well as an avatar. The avatar is what is seen on the forum pages.

Ok, thanks.
    Well for some strange reason my phone is stuck on the screen and lite wont go off, i have taken the battery out and installed it and it powered up and securities passed and still stuck, maybe i opened my mouth too soon? Thats WEIRED because i was able to reset all of my settings and test out my E-MAIL accounts. Have you heard of this problem before?

iLord is DEAD!

Corbin,

Sorry, I was out of the office and now am off to a meeting. Stuck on which screen?

Roger

The home screen.

iLord is DEAD!

Corbin,

Just out of my meeting. Are you still having problems with your device?

I havent done anything different, and it seesm to be working just fine now, couldnt tell ya what really happened, maybe the service was meswsed up?

iLord is DEAD!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast