Hi I recently wiped off all the info off my Blackberry 8310 (long story). I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

marku no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 8310 Curve not syncing

Advertisement

Hi I recently wiped off all the info off my Blackberry 8310 (long story). I then restored from my computer. However since that day I cannot sync. It seems to start syncing the address book and then an error message appears "Duplicate records found on the device" and then the sync fails. Please can someone offer some advice.
    Thanks

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: 8310 Curve not syncing

Hi marku, Sorry you are having issues. Hope this helps.

Duplicate records found on the device

Doc ID : KB04292
    Last Modified : 2007-08-16
    Document Type : Support

Print this page

Environment

• BlackBerry smartphone
    • Blackberry® 8830 World Edition smartphone
    • BlackBerry® Curve™ 8300 smartphone
    • BlackBerry® Desktop Manager

Problem

When synchronizing the BlackBerry smartphone with your computer, the following error message appears in BlackBerry Desktop Manager:
    Duplicate records found on the device.

Cause

The BlackBerry smartphone is unable to process some or all of the entries contained in the organizer application databases being synchronized.

Resolution

To correct this issue, complete the following resolutions in sequence until the problem is resolved.
    Resolution 1
    Download and install the latest BlackBerry® Device Software from your service provider’s web site. For installation instructions, see your service provider's web site.
    Note: To check which version of BlackBerry Device Software your BlackBerry smartphone is currently using, select Options > About.
    Resolution 2
    Complete the following tasks:
    • Identify which organizer application database is causing the error.
    • Clear the database on the BlackBerry smartphone.
    • Synchronize the BlackBerry smartphone with your computer.
    Identify the Database
    1. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to your computer and open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    2. Double-click Intellisync or Synchronize, depending on the version of BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    3. Click Configure PIM or select the Configuration tab and click Configure Synch, depending on the version of BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    4. Clear the check boxes beside all but one of the handheld applications, then click OK.
    5. Select the Synchronize PIM check box, then click Synchronize Now.
    6. Repeat steps 3 to 5 until the error appears. Take note of which application was selected when the error appeared.
    Clear the Database
    1. In BlackBerry Desktop Manager, double-click the Backup and Restore icon.
    2. Click Advanced. The Backup/Restore window appears.
    3. In the Handheld Databases list box, select the database that is causing the error.
    4. Click Clear.
    5. Click OK in the warning window.
    6. Click Close > Close to return to the main BlackBerry Desktop Manager window.
    Synchronize the BlackBerry Smartphone
    1. In BlackBerry Desktop Manager, double-click Intellisync or Synchronize, depending on the version of BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    2. Click Configure PIM or select the Configuration tab and click Configure Synch, depending on the version of BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    3. Ensure that the check boxes are selected beside all of the handheld applications, then click OK.
    4. Click Synchronize Now. The BlackBerry smartphone should synchronize without an error.
    Resolution 3
    Enable advanced logging and email the synchronization log files to your service provider for analysis. For instructions, see KB01451.
    Resolution 4
    If this error occurs on a Blackberry Curve 8300 smartphone or BlackBerry 8830 World Edition smartphone, apply the calendar patch by going to http://blackberry.com/calendarpatch.

marku no está en línea Stack level 1

Deleting of smss and call logs

Thanks so much for the help with the synching.
    Next problem I have:
    Every few weeks my phone automatically deletes my smss and call logs. It then keeps deleting the smss and call log several more times over the next day or so.
    Please advise what to do to prevent this?

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    This is related to low memory on the device. It will start to delete SMS and email messages when it is getting low. IF you have a lot of pictures or ringtones and such saved to the device memory you may want to clear them from your device. Also remove any extra languages and such from the device to free up memory

Envizion no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    one quick way to resolve it would be to buy a memory card where you can store your photos and music

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by marku View Post
    Thanks so much for the help with the synching.
    Next problem I have:
    Every few weeks my phone automatically deletes my smss and call logs. It then keeps deleting the smss and call log several more times over the next day or so.
    Please advise what to do to prevent this?
    Quote Originally Posted by markgallant View Post
    This is related to low memory on the device. It will start to delete SMS and email messages when it is getting low. IF you have a lot of pictures or ringtones and such saved to the device memory you may want to clear them from your device. Also remove any extra languages and such from the device to free up memory
    Markgallant is absolutely correct. Check this thread for more of an explanation of how to correct this.