Hi, New to this GREAT Smart Phone. 3 weeks and I'm addicted. Running a 4.2.2.170 ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Jeffreyefrank no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask

8310-Curve- Need for updated OS?

Advertisement

Hi,
    New to this GREAT Smart Phone. 3 weeks and I'm addicted. Running a 4.2.2.170 OS
    It's being used for essentially e-mails and browsing what is the reason to upgrade the OS?
    Currently I've added Mini Opera, Viigo, Beyond 411, Google Maps, BB Maps, Pinstack BB Forums, Grid Magic, Maufait, Pocket Express. (Free 4,834,294- File Total 54,919,168). My OS is running smooth. What changes should I make?
    -Thank you...

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Re: 8310-Curve- Need for updated OS?

If you're running smooth on your current OS then you're ok to leave well enough alone.
    Upgrading OS is like keeping the BB current and up to date, and I personally like to always upgrade to the latest OS
    as each release fixes little glitches, etc. that may have existed on previous OS releases.

If you do start experiencing issues, then we would recommend an OS upgrade in many cases.

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

i agree with lava. but your memory seems low to be honest. i have 6 3rd party apps and 3 themes and im at 27mb free. before i joined this site last year my blackberries would always have between 2-8 mb free but people here have shown me how to free up a slew of memory which keeps my device running better and a little bit quicker then before.
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

PIN/ID
    Ask

Lavagirl and Nicky thank you for your replys.
    If I were to upgrade my OS from 4.2 would I simply go to the next higher OS (4.3) and simply download thaat to my desk top? Let's say I waited 6 months and and we were up to a (4.9). Would I download the (4.9) or go back to the next which was (4.3)?

PIN/ID
    Ask

Nicky thank you for your reply.
    If I were to upgrade my OS from 4.2 would I simply go to the next higher OS (4.3) and simply download thaat to my desk top? Let's say I waited 6 months and and we were up to a (4.9). Would I download the (4.9) or go back to the next which was (4.3)? How do you down;load it??
    Thanks!

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreyefrank View Post
    Nicky thank you for your reply.
    If I were to upgrade my OS from 4.2 would I simply go to the next higher OS (4.3) and simply download thaat to my desk top? Let's say I waited 6 months and and we were up to a (4.9). Would I download the (4.9) or go back to the next which was (4.3)? How do you down;load it??
    Thanks!
    You would normally just download the next higher version.

For example: if you had 4.1, you could upgrade straight to 4.2. If you have 4.2 and 4.5 comes out, you should be able to go straight to 4.5. You download the operating system files to your machine. Then you install the operating systems files. When you open your desktop manager you plug in your phone and the dm should see there is an upgrade available. Right now, all upgrades are done form your computer. In the future there will bee OTA OS updates, but cabled will still be an option.