Hi,I have had two BB curve 8310's and I have noticed a problem with the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

slucky no está en línea Stack level 1

8310 Curve memory issue

Advertisement

Hi,I have had two BB curve 8310's and I have noticed a problem with the inbuilt memory.
    The issue is that the memory keeps playing about, one minute it says 500000 bytes free and the next minute its says 0 bytes free in the Status options. I do not have many emails or attachments,all my pictures are stored on the memory card and I have about 4 programs installed. Jivetalk etc. Now the issue is because the memory says 0 even when I know I have more than enough,it deletes all my sms and call logs. Is this a software glitch as it has happened to me twice on the same model 8310.I know that other phones like SE,Nokia have a permanent memory delegated towards the sms and other information. But on the BB 8310 there doesn't seem to be any.
    Could anyone help me with this ? As I can then chase up RIM and see if this is a software glitch. Thanks

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Blackberries do have memory issues, there are things you need to check on a regular basis to keep the free memory up. 500000 bytes free is nothing, your BB will definitely delete things on you. Many people have problems when it gets below 6-7,000,000.

Me, I like to keep mine much higher, once it gets down to 11-12,000,000 I do a reset, I believe on the curve you press alt-right shift-delete, which restarts the BB, (same as a battery pull but easier on you and the BB) and frees up your memory. After a a restart, I have about 20,000,000 bytes free, within a couple days it goes down to 14,000,000.

The thread below will give you more advice on things to do to increase and monitor your memory.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...call_logs.html

If you want to get brave, there are threads that will tell you how to delete things like pre-loaded pictures, etc. If you want to give it a try and have trouble finding those threads just post and someone will point you in that direction.

Welcome to Pinstack!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks for the info. So if there is a blackberry known memory issue, why is RIM not fixing this problem. Does upgrading the OS to a newer version solve this. I am on T-mobile UK. Thanks

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    I owned an 8310 also a couple of weeks ago and I am guessing that it was the memory or lack there of that was giving me a problem. I was always getting the hour glass and it was always hanging up. And yes I had the latest OS installed on it. My curve also wouldn't allow me to add many 3rd party programs without running out of memory. I had owned an 8800 previously and wanted to go back because I had none of these problems with it. So I took the curve back and got an 8820 and it's been smooth sailing ever since. The 8310 wouldn't allow me to add even half of the programs I now have on my 8820. So I, personally don't think that it's all blackberry phones that have the memory glitch just ceartin models.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks for the info. So you think it is a problem with only certain models. I have not tried the 8820, will have to further investigate this. It is getting quite frustrating to manually clean the device so that I don't lose important information and not relying on the device to take care of it.

Blakefreak no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242A9091
    You should clear up as much memory as you can by removing as much of the bs as you can.
    Uninstalling all the languages, sample video, vendor themes, should get you to around 25MB's.
    That should keep your BB nice and snappy.