Hello, I've read all of the relevant threads on this and haven't found a solution ... BlackBerry Curve forum

cleary no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23c7757e

8310 Camera and Video Camera not working

Advertisement

Hello,
    I've read all of the relevant threads on this and haven't found a solution that has worked for me.

I've tried updating the OS, pressing down on the camera lens, clearing a lot of data off of my media card. Nothing has worked. I have no applications open.

When I choose the video camera, it closes and goes back to the original screen after a few seconds. When I choose the still camera, the following notice shows up "Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again."

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Do you have Slacker Radio installed? I read that it can cause the camera glitch.

cleary no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23c7757e
    I had it installed at some point last year, but removed it. I took a picture as late as Feb 27 of this year. Could it be some residual file that didn't get removed when I uninstalled?

Would formatting the media card work? I am now going through and removing applications one by one to determine if there are other conflicts. Slacker Radio is not the only conflicting software apparently.
    Last edited by cleary; 05-09-2010 at 01:54 PM.