Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

You know BB Maps works very well with the GPS on the 8310, Much better ... BlackBerry Curve forum

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional

Re: 8310 Built in GPS w/ Google Maps

Advertisement

You know BB Maps works very well with the GPS on the 8310, Much better than on Google Maps and it is a free download
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by DjSmooth; 01-23-2008 at 04:37 PM.

Skimball no está en línea Stack level 1

I have a 8310 with Google maps and all I do is open the Gmaps menu and click on "my location" and it seems to make my map jump from the cell tower type locator to GPS.

PIN/ID
    AskMe

as for me i have to refresh my gps information in the gps (advanced options) then google map uses gps and finds me within 4m which is pretty impressive and i can actually see the pin move while i walk !!

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional

Well, I'm about to uninstall Google Maps, cause it just isn't working right for me, I have no problems at all with BB Maps. Google maps just will not change from the "My Location" thing

After refreshing my gps location, haven't had a problem with google maps finding me, however that Icon is so small, I prefer BB Maps, its much better, bigger display, can some even closer than google maps, basically its just a whole lot better.
    Last edited by DjSmooth; 01-25-2008 at 11:44 AM.

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3

I use Google Maps on both my 8310 and 8820, shows "My Location" within 3 meters. Also tracks while moving. No problems with Google Maps. Have not tried BB Maps. Good luck with whichever you use.

rabbott no está en línea Stack level 2

@lamsik - google maps uses a fair amount of data. It does not store maps on the device - except for a small cache (not sure how big this is). The maps are downloaded OTA on the fly and there is not an option to install maps from other sources.

It does tell you how much data it's used in the upper-right corner. I've seen easily 200KB+ used on some sessions.

If you only have 3MB per month this may be an issue for you.

lrovb08 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Ok. I'm a little off subject here. But I can't seem to download any kind of themes from pinstack on here. Can someone please help me?

ghostshell no está en línea Stack level 2
    it usually says what amount of KB are loading

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12