So I use to have the Pearl 8100 and was able to connect it to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

SaturnV no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24109A91

8310 Bluetooth Modem

Advertisement

So I use to have the Pearl 8100 and was able to connect it to my mac via bluetooth perfectly. However, that phone broke so I plan on getting a new phone. I was thinking about getting the AT&T Curve 8310 (Titanium), the one with GPS. But I'm wondering if I can use it to tether as a modem via BLUETOOTH. Or do I have to use USB?

I just want to make sure this phone works via bluetooth, otherwise I'll just get the Pearl again. Ideally a bluetooth connection but USB is if I have to. Also, where can I download the modem script files? Thank you.
    Last edited by SaturnV; 01-25-2008 at 05:14 PM.

lew2 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: 8310 Bluetooth Modem

I know the 8300 will work to tether via bluetooth, I've used it with WinXP. Haven't tested an 8310 though. I think the config was same as with the Pearl I used to have.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe

i have a 8310 and it works just MAKE SURE that u have tethering in ur data plan lol if not u might end up with a 85,000$ bill like that other guy.

SaturnV no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24109A91

Thanks. I'll order the 8310. Where can I get the "scripts" files for the blackberry, in particular to the 8130? Also, is there a specific version of OS i need to be running in order for it to work? I just remember my Blackberry Pearl was that was. Thank you.