Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your berry looks sexy azstar lol I also have a TT BB, mine has the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

s2kneSs no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Advertisement

Your berry looks sexy azstar lol I also have a TT BB, mine has the black OEM keyboard like yours, all I need now is the black trackball. (sanding down the ring would be cool.. I might just do that, or just paint it) I know that in a glossy black it would look sick!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    If I don't like how it looks sanded I may try painting it too, will have to see. Not much time for playing around with it.....I'm too busy stacking
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    If I don't like how it looks sanded I may try painting it too, will have to see. Not much time for playing around with it.....I'm too busy stacking
    Yeah I see that your quite the stacker lol (I wish I new about this site way back when and had a BB at the time as well) <_<

Hey, if you don't like it you can send it to me.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    The retaing ring was not a problem, just make sure you get the extending prongs on the ring lined up with the slots that are in the trackball assembly. It went back in fine (after I re-assembled the trackball assembly), not loose at all. mine is sittting a little lower, but it does NOT affect the function of the trackball, it just feels wierd. If you dont mind the color or lack of light its cool. PIN me when you get it and I'll take you through it step by step if you've never done it, I've had mine out at least a dozen times. Later C.

Omg! I just saw this . I hate the fact I can't see my posts on my pc grrrr! Anyway, thank you for replying G. I also saw that you got rid of it. I guess i'm gonna have to hold out on this trackball and just wait till I upgrade to the curve 2 once it comes out. I don't see the point anymore in pimping out my curve any further. Too bad you didn't like it. Oh well life goes on . Great thread
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    Omg! I just saw this . I hate the fact I can't see my posts on my pc grrrr! Anyway, thank you for replying G. I also saw that you got rid of it. I guess i'm gonna have to hold out on this trackball and just wait till I upgrade to the curve 2 once it comes out. I don't see the point anymore in pimping out my curve any further. Too bad you didn't like it. Oh well life goes on . Great thread
    C, if Im not mistaken, the 89xx's trackball is in the housing like the Bolds and does not have a retaining ring. Someone correct me if Im wrong. If I am correct, how would you change the trackball without disassembling the device?

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I have no clue either. I saw on cnn that it's compatible with all other bb's. They even claim the G1's trackball will fit. The site's very reliable yes but I'm still skeptical about purchasing this trackball. I usually disassemble my curve for housing swaps but don't really have to do so when changing trackballs. I just pop the ring right out.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Right, the Curves is easy, but it looks like there's no retaining ring on the Bold or the 8900-oh well, I guess I'll have to get both and do a little experimenting, lol~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

MsRandall no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    that would be cool too but i was talking about the actual little white ring that holds the ball in.
    Depends on where you order it from...mine is black....
    Real Women have Curves Baby!!!!!

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by MsRandall View Post
    Depends on where you order it from...mine is black....
    Yup! Here's the link for cnn's black ring G1's trackball--also compatible with bb's http://cnn.cn/shop/tmobile-black-trackball-p-4138.html

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Man, should have waited, I ordered the one thats under the 8900 category (white ring). My phone looks like yours azstar, but gold faceplate!

PIN/ID
    ASK
    Thanks for the link raton. I like that trackball a lot!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    That one for the G1 will look nice on my son's 8130, Amethyst......will have to order that next time
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    I'm in the process of doing my curve all black. I sanded the chrome paint off of the ring, put a layer of matte black paint on it. Waiting on the rest of the stuff to get done, but here's the trackball and ring.

Proof of absence is not absence of proof.

PIN/ID
    ASK
    Hey ganns1980- Does your ring look "clean" after you did that? and does it have a glossy feel to it just like the ring does before you did that? I would love to do this to mine. I already have the black OEM keyboard that comes with the Sunset from T-Mobile, all I need is the trackball and the full black housing from true supplier.

It looks great by the way.

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    Thanks. I'm actually doing the whole bb matte black, so no, the ring isn't shiny like the chrome was. You could probably use a clear gloss to make it shiny.
    Proof of absence is not absence of proof.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast