Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

The trackball from cnn.cn is that only, the black trackball. You do use your original ... BlackBerry Curve forum

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

Advertisement

The trackball from cnn.cn is that only, the black trackball. You do use your original chrome ring. Luckily for me, I had a spare curve that was busted so I had a back-up ring in case I broke mine. The black trackball looks awesome on my gold T-Mobile Curve!!!!!!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Moses-how long did it take for your trackball to come in? Ive been waiting 7 days. I know its from China, but I GOTTA have it!!!!

PIN/ID
    nada
    Well I finally got it. What a letdown! Its not black, its a dull charcoal grey. The thing literally came apart as I was placing in my phone, though I did get it back together. It sits lower than my original and just doesnt feel right when you click it. It does scroll ok though, but I'm disappointed to say the least. A big chokem two thumbs down~via 8310 (with a dull grey trackball) (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by chokem; 01-12-2009 at 11:22 PM.

RHaroLA no está en línea Stack level 1
    thats quite disappointing but thanks for the honesty chokem.
    what color does it appear with the led turned on?
    how about some pics?

PIN/ID
    nada
    I'll try to post some tomorrow. That's part of the problem, NO light from your LED is visible through the ball-none, nada, zip~via 8310C (wap.pinstack.com)~

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    It says on the web site that you will lose the glow effect with this trackball. I should get mine in the next day or two. I'm most looking forward to having one that doesn't get dirty looking as fast........that will make me happy
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    nada
    I mean its ok, but I didn't read the part about losing the light effect. I also expected it to be black like the bezel and keys on the red 8310. Its more grey than black, at least mine is. Hey you may like it-i was just kind of disappointed~via 8310C (wap.pinstack.com)~

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I'm sorry to hear it didn't meet your expectations G.
    Quick question. When you replaced your old trackball with this one, did you put the ring back on it? Did it snap in without any problems? Is it a little loose? How much lowerd does it sit on your curve, it doesn't bother you when scrolling right? I'm looking to get one for myself but I was a bit skeptical. I don't mind the color nor do I mind the trackball not lighting up. Thanks!
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

x doubl3 a no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249FA6EC
    the black trackball is so dope. well worth the money. my "murdered out" bold is so awesome! no dirty trackball and the flat black really sets off the bold. good luck to all that install it! a well worth add on to any BB
    Rockin' a 9530 on VZW(OS 4.7.0.141), 8330 on VZW.
    [BEST OF BOTH WORLDS]

PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    I'm sorry to hear it didn't meet your expectations G.
    Quick question. When you replaced your old trackball with this one, did you put the ring back on it? Did it snap in without any problems? Is it a little loose? How much lowerd does it sit on your curve, it doesn't bother you when scrolling right? I'm looking to get one for myself but I was a bit skeptical. I don't mind the color nor do I mind the trackball not lighting up. Thanks!
    The retaing ring was not a problem, just make sure you get the extending prongs on the ring lined up with the slots that are in the trackball assembly. It went back in fine (after I re-assembled the trackball assembly), not loose at all. mine is sittting a little lower, but it does NOT affect the function of the trackball, it just feels wierd. If you dont mind the color or lack of light its cool. PIN me when you get it and I'll take you through it step by step if you've never done it, I've had mine out at least a dozen times. Later C.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Well I finally got mine today. Actually came yesterday but I wasn't home so I had to go to the PO and sign for it today to get it. I like the color, it matches the titanium color of my 8330 very well. It seems to work nicely, now I won't be freaking out as my trackball gets dirty since the dark color will not show the dirt
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Zekialstone no está en línea Stack level 3
    I read yesterday the G1 black trackball will fit in the 83XX(and other) series. I plan to try that

s2kneSs no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Really now, thats interesting about the G1 trackball.

Azstar- Is your trackball also "grayish?" or is it black? I think it would be best to just purchase the 8900 OEM trackball rather than just a black trackball if that makes any sense.

8900 Trackball-

83xx Full Housing-

That housing is hot! (getting my hands on it soon)

Link For 8900 Trackball- http://www.truesupplier.com/oem-blac...-pr-17057.html

Link for 83xx Full Black Housing- http://www.truesupplier.com/oem-full...-pr-17069.html
    Last edited by s2kneSs; 01-17-2009 at 02:57 AM.

Zekialstone no está en línea Stack level 3
    Supposedly the G1 trackball is of higher quality build. Plus, it is pure black. I will have to go check out the G1 at a T-mobile store

MsRandall no está en línea Stack level 2
    I love my black trackball. Maybe after use the grey will get darker. Mine was black to begin with...I got it like 2 weeks ago.

Real Women have Curves Baby!!!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast