Just switched from the 8300 to a 8310 and my battery is dropping around twice ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4

8310 battery life

Advertisement

Just switched from the 8300 to a 8310 and my battery is dropping around twice as fast as before. Why? I have not even used the GPS unit in it and bluetooth is off. I could get by only charging my 8300 every two-three days and this one is at 15% after the first day.

BigHulkDiese no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22BF6200

Re: 8310 battery life

Hmm not sure pal. Someone else posted this thread: http://www.pinstack.com/blackberryfo...ad.php?t=48964

Results seem to be the same.

I myself have never had the 8300 only 8310. However, just my opinion, if anyone is getting two to three days out of their blackberry then they don't need a blackberry. I am a power user, 5-6 hours on the phone a day, not counting 20 or more emails a day as well as attachment viewing. I still get all day use, and charge nightly.

Cisco Kidd no está en línea Stack level 3

Same here.
    3-4 Hours on phone last all day charge at night

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by BigHulkDiese View Post
    Hmm not sure pal. Someone else posted this thread: http://www.pinstack.com/blackberryfo...ad.php?t=48964

Results seem to be the same.

I myself have never had the 8300 only 8310. However, just my opinion, if anyone is getting two to three days out of their blackberry then they don't need a blackberry. I am a power user, 5-6 hours on the phone a day, not counting 20 or more emails a day as well as attachment viewing. I still get all day use, and charge nightly.
    I would say if only getting 20 emails a day, you need a regular phone (as BBs were designed with emails in mind). I get 2-3 days out of mine but get about 100-120 emails a day sometimes more and at least half with attatchments, don,t talk much maybe 30-60 minutes a day.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~found that post but it didn't help my problem. Also I use email like some use IM so yes I need a blackberry. Also allot of texting so the full keyboard is a must. Plus BB messenger is a must.Don't talk on the cell phone that much. Only around a computer a few times a week so BB is my main connection for emails and checking differant things on the net. But yes I get 2 days of use this way but that was before the switch to the 8310. I've tried a new battery as well with no luck. Maybe somebody will have an answer

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

BigHulkDiese no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22BF6200

The weird thing is that the battery life lasts a very long time when doing almost everything except talking. Example, I had a long drive today (business trip). I listened to an audio book for over three hours on the Berry, lost only 1 bar of battery (Replied to several emails and texts as well). However, if you try and talk 3 hours on the phone the battery life drains faster. All in all the battery is great. I am moving over from a Treo 680 and you all know the story there.

Anyway bmanley, good luck!

davistld01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    N/A

I am really stoked about the battery life on my 8310 Curve. I am a moderate-to-heavy user, and I can get a real-life 48-hours out of a full charge. That beats the hell out of pretty much any other smartphone I have ever owned...and I've owned plenty.

I have to add that I have a Seidio 2600mAh battery for those long weekends away from a charger...but for everyday use, the stocker is great!!

zipped no está en línea Stack level 3

I am on the road every day with exception of weekends.
    With a bit of the GPS use, talking a few hours, and email, there is no way 48 hours is a go.
    God forbid I forget to close out an application using GPS, think the battery is gone within a few hours when that is the case.

I tend to use the gps to get to my location, quickly switch over to the calendar to see the appointment name, then forget to close out the gps app (mapping). It burns me to see a quarter of the battery left.

Wish RIM would add gps to the connection manager - would be much easier to turn on/off.

Overall though, GPS in the phone is incredible and the overall build/apps are great. Just wish I was smart enough to always close out a program properly.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~found the problem. I had downloaded berry411 but had not used it. On the pull down list where is says home,work,other and GPS it was on GPS. Changed to home and the battery has been lasting allot longer. Funny when I looked at the GPS it did not show any location info like it was not on but it must have been

aztek13 no está en línea Stack level 1
    You Stackers are awesome! My 8310 battery was doing fine until Friday. I charged it up Friday evening and checked it just before I went to bed. It was almost done. Saturday morning comes around and when I unplugged it from the computer, it was down to zero! After checking out the wisdom from the Stackers, I learned that uninstalling Facebook and making sure that I exit out of Maps properly could really help. I recharged the battery and so far, so good. After two days, it's still at 75%. Thanks for the help!