Today I really got to put my 8310 to the test on a road trip. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

txmike17 no está en línea Stack level 2

8310 Battery life

Today I really got to put my 8310 to the test on a road trip. I had the 8300 for the last month with the GPS bluetooth running. Battery life with normal text msgs and calls I would get about 5 good hrs of talk time. Now that I have the 8310 with the on board GPS ITS A BATTERY LIFE THIEF! Here is a
    tip when using what ever GPS maps make sure you exit all the way out just dont end it. I have found that it will still run and suck that battery down in the background. Example today I gave NAV4All and Amaze a test to see how well the give directions and fast routes/re-routes. Well once I got near my destination I just ended them like you do with any program well after a few hrs I got back on the road and my phone starts talking to me to re route. I took a look at my battery and it was at 6% A reall BIG DISSAPOINTMENT but Thats what the make car chargers for.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: 8310 Battery life

interesting, thanks for the info.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

HADA 11 no está en línea Stack level 1

This reflects my experience as well.

If I escape out of an app that's using the GPS rather than choosing "Close" or "Exit" my battery life really suffers.

I think this will bite me in the *** eventually.

bbhla no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Re: 8310 Battery life

I heard of this in test reviews. The 8310 uses a lot more battery because of the built in GPS.
    Seems that the GPS device stays running although You use no GPS feature.

If You have a navigation system in Your car, You maybe better stick with Your 8300.

(I can't do so, only have a 8310)

carmover no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (
    TeleNav is the same way make sure you exit through the menu or back button all the to the home screen. Figured that out when I first got the phone and tested it out on the way home and after I was home it kept telling me to turn left and right as I was walking through the house.