Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does anyone else in here have battery issues with the phone? I feel like my ... BlackBerry Curve forum

leetmode no está en línea Stack level 1

8310 Battery Issues

Advertisement

Does anyone else in here have battery issues with the phone? I feel like my battery gets sucked dry even if i don't touch it. I tried lowering my screen brightness to 20% and still nothing. Any ideas ?

artjr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31006C6F

Re: 8310 Battery Issues

Quote Originally Posted by leetmode View Post
    Does anyone else in here have battery issues with the phone? I feel like my battery gets sucked dry even if i don't touch it. I tried lowering my screen brightness to 20% and still nothing. Any ideas ?
    I am having the same problem. My brightness is set to 10%! There are other adjustments I also made to get extra time on battery but still seems the battery just dont last long.
    Two things are infinite: the Universe and Human stupidity; and I am not sure about the former.
    A. Einstein
    BlackBerry PIN# 24A12B7D

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

What programs are you 2 running? That will have an effect on your battery life.

Try just running the 5 default programs for a day a see what comes of it.
    They are: Homescreen, Phone, Call Log, Messages, BB Messenger.

HADA 11 no está en línea Stack level 1

I found that if I had the GPS running in the backgroud my battery life really suffered. It's improved since I started closing the apps, but it still isn't anywhere near the life I get from my Pearl.

I've only had this this for a week or so. I expect the battery life will "improve" once the novelty wears off and I stop messing around with it as often.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    How did you turn off your gps ? Just closed gps apps ? I am running a different theme. Also I have installed several third party programs but usually don't run them.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Sorry forgot to ask. Is there any way to check your current running programs ?

PIN/ID
    STACK

ALT+Escape(right of the trackball)

If you're running anything like bluetooth, GPS, it will drain your battery fairly quickly. Also anything that constantly updates its status like, BBweather, Viigo, etc.
    Last edited by reddog187; 11-04-2007 at 02:41 PM.

volsfan0911 no está en línea Stack level 1

I've been thrilled with the battery life on my 8310 so far but I don't have BT fired up all the time (just when I flip open the Moto H700 does it turn on) and I use GPS only as needed. Running TeleNav/GPS will burn battery faster but I still haven't had to worry about my Curve getting through the day which is my primary criteria. Another reason I'm glad the 8310 doesn't have Wi-Fi - EDGE works just fine for light web surfing primarily on WAP sites and plain 'ole emails which makes up the majority of my usage. YMMV..........

I have closed most programs that were running, except the PTT application i cant seem to close it. Heres a perfect example of the battery dying out. I charged my 8310 before going out last night to a 99% battery. During the night i did some light usage, before i went to sleep it was at 50% when i woke up it was "too low for radio to be on".

PIN/ID
    STACK

why don't you charge it over night?

and you can remove the PTT if you dont use it

I charge it every night... i even switched my battery from my old 8700 and it worked perfectly for 2 days (strong battery) but now its back to sucking power mode. I guess ill run it with the bare minimum programs running and see what happens.

iridemybike no está en línea Stack Professional

Coming from the 8300 to this I've found that anything that uses the GPS will suck the battery out really fast. Yesterday I just used it as normal and left the GPS programs alone and it came out pretty close to where my old 8300 used to be(it got great battery life). It's still a relatively new battery so it seems to be lasting a little longer everytime I charge it(only 4 - 5 times so far). If I don't get any real improvement soon I'm going to look into one of the extended run time batteries. I've played with this enough to know by now that if you plan on using the GPS for navigating in the car more than about 20 - 30 minutes a day then you're going to need a car charger.

Tucker

Where do you find these "extended run time batteries"

iridemybike no está en línea Stack Professional

sanzen71 no está en línea Stack level 3

Also make sure your not running any messenger apps. since those are constantly accessing the network thats whats been draining my battery.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast